TAT Trying to figure out what to get v. 1st tattoo

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Nev, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

I just want some sort of saying on like my side/rib area. I want something that I believe in..and I love the James Dean quote "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today", but I feel that it's too overused. I dont know what to do :hs:

Any opinions

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

How many people do you know personally that have that quote on them?

3. Memor

Memor Active Member

It doesn't matter if anything is overused or not, if you want it, and you back it up, then get it. You're putting something on your body for the rest of your life, don't waste time thinking about what other people have on them or might think about yours. When you find the right phrase you want...you'll just know it.

This advice does not apply if you're going to go and write CUNT across your forehead - Memor is not responsible for supporting those kinds of actions

4. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i'm pissing myself.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

i have a japanese character on my lower back, and i have a yin yang on my shoulder blade. i also have wall art on my outer hip. they are all overdone/overused but they all mean something to me. of course, i will eventually add something to the kanji on my back, which i've wanted to do since i got the tat 5 years ago, to keep it from being too cliche....

but it's your body. if it's what you want, do it. i know there are people who are not so into the lotus on my neck (and to be honest, i'm not right now either :rofl: ) but i love it. i have strong reasons for having it there, and they are my reasons and i want it there. that's why it's there.

so do what you want. unless it's tattooing something on your forehead.... i, like memor, can't condone any phraseology on your forehead. ;)

6. Tron

Tron New Member

i agree with everyone, and its been said a million times, it doesnt matter what other people will think about it, if you are that worried about putting something on you that you dont wanna take at least some ridicule then you are in the wrong industry...it's your body, if you want it then go ahead and get it

7. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

I dont know anyone with the tattoo...i just see the quote everywhere :dunno:

But I really believe in what the quote means.

8. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Then its not been used enough. Get it done if it's what you want.:hs:

9. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

why the :hs:

10. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Cause people worry too much about trends and what others will think about their tattoos. I have some of the weirdest tattoos on me and I never once worried about what others had, what was trendy or what others would think of me. It's MY body and MY opinion is what matters to me.