Trying to figure out if a girl sees me as more than a friend

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Donnermann, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Donnermann

Donnermann New Member

First a little background. I just got out of a serious relationship (2.5 years) and the break up made me feel pretty shitty. Kinda trying to get over the pessimistic view on relationships in general for now.

There is a girl that I've known since starting medical school about 3 years ago. When we were first introduced I noticed she was cute and had a good personality, but then school started and we kinda didn't see each other much except a few random classes in which we would talk. In the mean time I got involved with my now ex-girlfriend.
    The girl and I were friends the whole time. Not super close, but certainly more than acquaintances. Our class schedule is now the same and we have every class together, apart from clinical work. We occasionally walk together after class. I realize more and more that I want to be more than friends with this girl. This past weekend I set up the work schedule for a local health fair so that we would work together. While working, I won tickets for the Saints/Vikings game that day. Taking this as a sign, I asked her if she wanted to go with me. We had a good time and it had no date atmosphere as we're both football fans. I haven't had a chance to talk to her much since, but now I'm wondering what my next move should be. I don't know how she took the game, I hope she realizes I have feelings for her. Any suggestions?

2. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Ask her out again and when you do make it clear that you are asking her out on a date.

3. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

tldr. kiss her.

4. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Ask her to hang out with you again. Don't do dinner and a movie though, that stuff is lame early on. Think action date. But don't tell her it's a date. My last girlfriend I took to the zoo the first time we hung out. It turned out amazing for her because she hadn't been to the zoo in a long time and she really likes tropical fish, so in the aquatic area she was like a kid in a candy store.

Think of a few fun things to do then ask her to hang out with you.

5. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Why wouldn't you tell her it was a date? If I was getting asked to do something where it wasn't clear it was a date I would be unsure of what the guy wanted.

6. Donnermann

Donnermann New Member

Is it too soon after my last relationship though? It ended like <2 weeks ago..

7. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

Only you can decide. If you want to, then do it.

I broke up with my last GF and really just was in sad sad shape for a month and a half. I wasn't ready for anything. We got back together for like 2 more months, then broke up again.

I then knew it was over and that was for the best and I was ready to rock right away

8. Sirreal45

Sirreal45 New Member

Asking her out again would be a start. Do something fun and along the way complement her on how cute she looks. This should let her know that you're somewhat interested w/o sounding all creepy.

As for being too soon to get involved with anyone else, that really depends on how you still feel about your ex. I'd say have fun with the new girl and don't get all caught up in being with her right away. It will keep your mind of the ex and if it ends up turning into something, then better for you. If not, no sweat.

9. Alex G.

Alex G. New Member

I dont think theres a problem on asking her. But say like "do you wanna go out on a DATE" instead of "anna hang out or do something?", so she knows that your interested in her in that way.
    Otherwise if she thinks that you just wanna be friends and then you keep saying she is looking pretty or shes cute or whatever, it might sound creepy, and she'll be confused. You have to let her know that you want something else, from the start.

10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Kiss her.

/thread

11. althepirate

althepirate Talk nerdy to me.

Second.

12. Capt. Slow

Capt. Slow Member

and we can not decide if it is too soon, but chances are (even if you are not over your ex) that things would progress the same no matter what.

in short: ask her out, don't worry.