SRS trying to figure it out

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by smitty06, Apr 11, 2006.

1. smitty06

smitty06 New Member

ok well i have "liked" this girl for a year and a half and she finally broke up with her bf. he treated her poorly during their year long relationship. so i started hanging out with her after they broke up and we hit it off quickly. we hooked up but she told me that she wasnt ready for a relationship (i know thats bad news) but did say that if she were going to date that she would go with me for sure. anyway we keep hanging out and hooking up but then one night she goes with her ex and they end up hooking up. anyway she tells me she still wants to be friends and that her and her ex arent serious and dont want to get back together however they are together everyday. she tells me that there really isnt anything special about her ex and that she just misses the good times they had. am I an idiot for sticking around? should i just move on and forget it?

2. Mars Princess

Mars Princess They hatin'

she's already gone and hooked up with her ex and is now hanging out with him everyday , on top of telling you that she is not ready for a relationship. I would chunk her the deuce and move on. She told you she misses the good times she had with him. Now her ex might not be into getting back together with her. He could be in it for the sex or whatever but that situatin sounds too complicated. Find you a girl that doesn't come with that kinda baggage and is open to exploring something with you, instead of putting you on the backburner

3. gsxec

gsxec New Member

She likes you bro, but her ex is tapping that ass so just start ignoring her... next time her ex treats her badly shel realize what kind of mistake she has done and will come back running to you. At that point its your call to continue dating or not.

4. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

You want to figure it out? She chose the ex over you. Why? Could be a number of reasons and you didn't give much info, but one thing that really stood out to me was you saying that you were friends with this girl for a year and a half. That's a lot of time digging yourself into the friendzone. The chemistry probably wasn't there very much. You played the "friend card" for FAR too long.

You said that you two "hooked up". That could mean a number of things. What do you mean by that? It will help us figure this out. Also, you said that she told you that "if" she was ready for a relationship, she would hook up with you, but then she went back to her ex. Hmmmm. Another situations of actions speaking louder than words. Guys ALWAYS seem to let what a woman says totally screw with his mind. Women have a lot of reasons for saying what they say, but the truth usually doesn't come completely out when someone's feelings are on the line, especially if they do like that person (as a friend). So why would she tell you one thing and do another? She doesn't want to hurt your feelings, she may have even been a little teeny tiny bit confused, but decided ultimately that her ex does more for her than you do. We know this because you got nowhere and she still went back to this guy.

IMO, you should move on. You've wasted far too much time on this one, and you've got no where good. In fact, in waiting around this long you've only shown her that you will always be there. So when she is tired of the ex, she may hang out with you again until something better comes along. You've always allowed yourself to be used this way-and that is part of the reason IMO that she doesn't feel that much chemistry for you. You're no challenge.

It's best for you to leave this situation and meet other women.

5. smitty06

smitty06 New Member

we didnt hang out during that period plus i wasnt going to go after her when she was with someone else.

everything but full on sex. by hooking up with her ex i mean they made out.

this is what im starting to believe even though she admits that her ex only wants sex and doesnt really appreciate her she still for whatever reason wants to be with him. i guess moving on would be the best thing for me to do. thanks guys.