trying to drop some weight and get leaner

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by BiscuitsNgroovy, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiscuitsNgroovy

BiscuitsNgroovy OT Supporter

I've ben slacking off for a long time on working out now, and being a college student, have aqcuired quite the beer gut and all that fun stuff. I'm about 5'6 180 lbs (I'm a pretty bulky guy for my size, I've put up 280 on bench before but never really focused to hard to try to increase it.)

So here I am, 2 weeks before school starts, with no car and nothing better to do then workout a lot all day. My attitude towards working out has changed a lot as of late, which I know will help my results. Heres my plan so far, I have this backwoods trail right next to my appartment, it's 1.55 miles long. So I'm gonna start running and walking it every day if at all possible. I'm also doing a pretty hardcore legs workout with no weights 3 times a week.

What I'm looking for is this, excersizes I can do with little to no weights, because all I have available are small dumbells. So basically just variatiosn of pushups-pullups, I'll try anything out.

2. WPInerd

WPInerd New Member

running will help you alot so your lan to running that trail is great. you shouldn't expect to get back into great shape before school starts since it's 2 weeks away, but if you keep at it, even when you get back to school you should see good changes. running and swimming are the best two forms of cardio to can do

3. BiscuitsNgroovy

BiscuitsNgroovy OT Supporter

Yeah I used to swim every day and run every other day, all while lifting daily, I want to get to that point again.

4. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

diet on 11 cals per bodyweight, 1g/bodyweight of protein.

5. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

that means I should be eating almost 3000 calories? 270 x 11=2970.:eek4:

6. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

not really, if you have lots fat you can figure it using LBM instead of BW. so if you're 270 @ 20% you can do something like 216 x 11 = 2375 cals.

7. StocksQuest

StocksQuest Guest

what are the dangers of doing this?

8. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

if your big, you might drop weight too fast I would think. But dropping calories too fast, you probably wouldn't stick with the diet, because your body would feel starved?

I think I eat around 1800-2000 calories a day, mostly protien. Less than 10 grams of carbs a day.

9. StocksQuest

StocksQuest Guest

I just started a low calorie diet a week ago... Beginning I weighed 186. I weighed myself today and was in at 181.5 :)

Before i was eating a shitload of calories and not eating healthy at all. Now I eat around a thousand calories a day, and havent had any cravings or anything. Im feeling pretty good at this point. Target weight is a lean 160.

10. crsaum

crsaum New Member

eat more

11. StocksQuest

StocksQuest Guest

I need to lose weight... i have been overweight for 2 years. Its time to get back down to a reasonable weight...

12. crsaum

crsaum New Member

a thousand calories a day isn't the right way to go about it

13. NickStam

NickStam Buy Low, Sell High

What does this mean?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.