trying to determine my size

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by hitzchicky, Oct 16, 2009.

1. hitzchicky

hitzchicky New Member

im looking at some betsy johnson dresses, but im unsure of what size i am. im all over the place. since they're dresses, im assuming the low waist measurement doesn't really count, because I have a 38 inch hips, if you measure around the widest part of my hips going around my butt. my natural waist is about 29 inches, and my high hips, where my pants typically sit is about a 32 or 33.

[​IMG]
    and i never bothered to measure my bust. but im a 34D. so what size should i go with? i typically wear size 2 or 4 jeans depending on where i buy them from. I also tend to buy junior sizes, so a 3 or 5. I was thinking of going with the 6, but if i got off my measurements that puts me at a 10. that seems impossible. i dunno, help, this is the first like designer type clothing that ive looked at actually buying.

2. ihaveanevilplan

ihaveanevilplan Everybody wake up, wake up, it's time to get down Moderator

keep the comments classy boys :squint:

3. everlong

everlong nice crew

Go to a tailor and have him take measures of you. Can't imagine it will cost much, and if you don't loose or gain much weight you won't have to do it again for a long time.

4. digital

digital original

post pics...tsl can help, i swear.

5. mikmit

mikmit :o? OT Supporter

for some reason i thought of anchorman when i read this?

6. Smahatma

Smahatma Bitch-Kumar OT Supporter

I would be an equivalent US Women's size 4

7. David

David New Member

wat, just off my waist i'd be an 8

8. Smahatma

Smahatma Bitch-Kumar OT Supporter

Get on a diet, fatty.

9. David

David New Member

:wtc:

10. hitzchicky

hitzchicky New Member

i suppose. can't do it right now. im in baghdad. was going to order the dress for when i go home on leave. i suppose ill probably wait then. being over i may lose weight. i hate those size charts though. unless you're their proportions it's extremely difficult to tell your size.

11. everlong

everlong nice crew

Ah, if you have someone to help you measure, you can always buy and have the dress altered by a tailor when you get home.

12. hitzchicky

hitzchicky New Member

yeah, even so, im still not sure which size to go with to start. I know it says a size 10 for the 29 inch waist, but i refuse to believe that I'm a size 10 in anything. and when you look at my hip size, that puts me at a 4. I dont want to get the dress too small, because it could be a lot more difficult to let it out as opposed to taking it in. this is my first experience with buying a designer clothing item. I found the dress on giltfuse, and unfortunately i wasn't quick enough, but ive seen some one ebay that i want for cheaper. i just gotta make up my mind about my size. :hs:

13. MichelleAnna

MichelleAnna let it be

I find that Betsey Johnson stuff fits true to your usual size. Like you said, since it's a dress, the lower measurements aren't going to matter, unless the dress is curve-hugging throughout. Your bust size, though, could be an issue-especially since a lot of designer stuff doesn't leave space for boobs, let alone big ones. Pics of the dress?

14. hitzchicky

hitzchicky New Member

yeah, i figured bust size would matter. im a 34D, so i definitely need a room. I know in order to get the dress to fit right im probably going to need a tailor, but id like to start off relatively close to my size. i wish i could try one on beforehand to get an idea. i hate just going off my measurements.

[​IMG]