trying to design a weekly workout plan

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Amoneymaker, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amoneymaker

Amoneymaker New Member

Okay so I weigh about 165 and I have a fairly lean build (not much fat). I play a lot of soccer and If I don't play I run about 2-4 miles (depending on how I feel). I also do a lot of sit-ups, push ups and Pull ups.

I'm posting because I'm trying to come up with some sort of weight program to supplement my current excercise schedule. I'm not planning on protein loading or taking supplements. I like being toned and a little extra muscle mass would be nice.

Can anyone share their weekly plan or point me in the direction of something that is fairly straight foward (there is so much stuff to read that it gets confusing)

2. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

what weights do you have access to? home gym or a real gym?

3. ralyks

ralyks New Member

:bowrofl:

4. Amoneymaker

Amoneymaker New Member

I thought i made it clear that I wasn't trying to get huge or anything.... I already eat healthy... i think thats enough

5. Amoneymaker

Amoneymaker New Member

I have a simple universal gym with the "bench press", "lat pull down", "bicep Curl", and "legs". Looks somethings like this http://www.ihostphotos.com/show.php?id=71996

and I have bench that adjusts for incline, decline and regular bench....doesn't go straight up for military press.

and a treadmill, but I already have a good cardio workout

6. Equipped

Equipped Guest

educate yourself, protein is for maintenance also

7. Amoneymaker

Amoneymaker New Member

I'm not saying I don't eat any protein or that I avoid protein. I'm just saying I'm not going crazy and drinking protein shakes and dumping supplements into my body.

8. barnold999

barnold999 New Member

Why not? 1g protein per kg of body weight and you are in good shape... I have a tad over... but I am bulking up now. I weigh 150 lbs (70kg ish) and have 80g of protein in suplements... so then probably 20g or so in meals. Plus that gives me some calories when I work out... the protein shakes really fill you up. I have one for breakfast (40g) and one for lunch (40g) then I either work out in the morning around 11am or 5pm depending on my work schedule 5 days a week. My exercises concist of bassicaly one muscle group a day then I recycle. I just started this routine, so I am not sure how well it is working. I will start with half an hour or so of cardio then work on weights... Like I will do lats/hams/lower abs every thursday... then biceps/quads on friday... etc (not my exact routine but like that) but I may go to doing each muscle group every 3rd day or something, shoudl still be enough resting. I am new to this whole working out thing (haha... well I havent worked out in a long time... and I never really was that in to it... but stick with a program and you should be fine.

This may make sense, if not... too bad.

9. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

even if you dont want to "supplement" your diet with protein shakes, you need to eat or your workouts will be a waste of time.

if you're not looking to get huge, try a 5x5 routine (5 sets, 5 reps)

you need core exercises
    bench
    squat (or from that machine, leg press)
    deadlift

with your machine, you'll probably be stuck with:
    bench (incline and flat)
    leg press, leg extensions, hamstring curls (you could find a place to do glute ham raises, just trap your feet)
    pulldowns, pullups, hyperextensions
    maybe pull thru's also, if you have a floor attachment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.