GUN Trying to decide on a new gun to carry *PICS*

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Indy48, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Indy48

Indy48 Flying > *

Here's my current piece that I carry:
    [​IMG]

Colt .45, stainless, weighs a rediculous amount. Good gun, but a little bit to large and heavy to conceal and carry easily. I am considering this gun here:

[​IMG]
    The Ultra CDP II™ is based on the Stainless Ultra Carry II and includes CDP features like carry melt treatment for rounded and blended corners, Meprolight Tritium three dot (green) night sights, 30 LPI checkered front strap, extended ambidextrous thumb safety, match grade Premium Aluminum Trigger, hand-checkered double diamond rosewood grips and special Custom Shop markings. Barrel length is 3 inches and weight is just 25 ounces.

Does anybody else have a Kimber? I've heard really good things about them, and this seems to have all the features that I want. Input?

2. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

Can't go wrong with a Kimber. They have outstanding reliability and are an absolute pleasure to shoot.

Have you been down to a range to try it out yet?

3. Indy48

Indy48 Flying > *

Not yet, I've gotta find one that lets you try them out.

4. nordaim

nordaim Guest

If you have a fair number of gun shops in your area, you should be able to find one with a range on site. You may have to drive a bit, but I tend to think that it is worth it.

There is a place about 1hr from where I live, called Target Master's, which allows you to try any of their firearms at their indoor range. $18/hr for a line, $15-30/hr for the firearm, plus you buy the ammo. Quite a nice deal if you go with a buddy and you rent a couple of things to try out. A group of 5 of us went up one time and got some MP5's in 9mm and .45, plus a silenced HK-USP. Really fun time.

5. Bdog

Bdog ...but do I really care?

I had a Kimber Ultra Carry and sold it to a friend. It was an awesome gun to carry and shoot, very accurate. From Kimbers that I have seen lately in my store, the new ones are more like a production gun than a custom gun. Their quality has gone down and their price up. The Kimber will do, but I like the new Springfield Micro-Compact for a little less money.
    [​IMG]

6. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Admittedly not a 1911 freak, i prefer the SA over the Kimber, myself.

Course, LAPD D Platoon just switched over to Kimber Custom II's, so i'd figure their custom shop hasn't lost its touch.

7. Indy48

Indy48 Flying > *

Looks almost exactly like the Kimber. Does it have similar features? How much does it cost?

8. daft punk

daft punk New Member

9. WyldOrchid

WyldOrchid Guest

Yea Id go with a polymer frame for the weight savings, preferably in 357Sig, although you cant beat the 45 ACP.

10. Indy48

Indy48 Flying > *

Don't like the feel of polymer in my hand, just doesn't sit right, but that's my preferance, and I won't go below a .45.

11. WyldOrchid

WyldOrchid Guest

Thats fine if you dont mind carrying the extra weight. I personally own both metal alloy and polymer frame and have no preference, other than carrying a light gun that can still pack as much punch as a 1911.