GUN Trying to decide between G26 and G30 for carry

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by cheet, Mar 6, 2009.

1. cheet

cheet OT Supporter

I know I know, the best gun is which ever one you shoot best. I shoot the G30 pretty well but obviously shoot the G26 better because it's 9mm. I know this is probably a tired debate, but I can't really decide between the two.

I can shoot G26 better and it has 10 round mags. I can shoot the G30 well but not as good as the G26, it only has 8 round mags, but a more powerful round.

How to pick?

2. How about the G29? Same size as the G30, more powerful than either the G30 or the G26, and it holds 10 rounds.

Also, to what do you attribute your ability to shoot the G26 better? Is it a recoil thing? Honestly, the recoil on my G29 is easier to handle than the recoil on a G26 or 27.

3. Jas0n

Jas0n Антихрист

I would put shot placement above the round's power.

Also, you can get 9mm for cheap just about anywhere. If things really went bad, I'd think of that as a positive.

4. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I carry a G30, the G26 is smaller and easier to carry. With the 10rd mag, a G30 is pretty much the same size as a G19.

Sounds like the G26 is a good option for you.

5. cheet

cheet OT Supporter

Yeah it's a recoil thing. Interesting that you find the G29 easier to handle, I will have to check that out.

6. The G29 feels more like a .45 with its recoil. It's a slow-push style recoil more than a sharp feeling. If I had to guess, I'd say it was due to the slightly stiffer recoil spring in the G29 and the fact that the slide is significantly heavier in the G29.

7. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

I have a G30 with 10 rounds in it on me right now.
    They have a 9 and 10 round mag.

The G30 is not as big as everyone says it is. Go to a shop hold them both. Find one with a flush fit 9 rd magazine. 9+1.