SRS Trying to cry

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Pudifin, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Pudifin

Pudifin These girls > olsen twins

The last time I've cried was 8 years ago after the most traumatizing experience of my life and I promised myself to never be hurt like that again. Since then I've tried to cry many times and days like today I've spent hours trying to cry because of shit going on in my life and I think I'd feel a lot better if I did. I think of all the sad shit in my life and things that have made me cry before but nothing seems to work. Anyone have any tips? :(

2. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

:dunno: I can cry pretty easily. :hs:

what about watching that video of the dog leashed to a pay phone and that skater comes up and starts beating the dog with his skateboard? :mad: / :wtc: / :mad:

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

If you don't have any reason to cry don't, and don't force it off, when the time comes you will cry.

4. smokeater270

smokeater270 New Member

right now im really depressed to and i cannot cry either. havent cried in years. Not to many things bothers me much anymore, but for some reason my life right now does

5. Pudifin

Pudifin These girls > olsen twins

I have had reasons to cry...people have died and I've been crushed in relationships. There are times when I want to cry but all I feel is an intense numb pain. Some days, like the day I made the original post I can feel everything building up inside of me and I know if I don't find a solution, eventually I'm going to do something stupid. Luckily this time I took a 5 hour walk and remembered I have at least one thing to look forward to in my life right now, although I did smoke half a pack of cigarettes and normally I never smoke cigs.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I seriously doubt you have had strong feelings for those people who have died, however that's a dangerous thing to say, maby there's another reason, which i think is that your trauma was so big that your heart may have 'hardened'. You might need to increase your sensetivity, but also be able to say 'stop to hear no further' in order to protect your feelings.

7. deloresdelrio

deloresdelrio New Member

It seems to me you may be depressed. Many people with depression feel numb or "flat". Depression can be addressed with talk therapy and/or if you prefer to work things out on your own, consider reading about cognitive behavioral therapy or rational emotive therapy.

8. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Go the kitchen and peel some onions, that gets me everytime :hs:

9. upparoom

upparoom OT Supporter

I havent cried in almost over 20 years, but I feel ya :hug: