trying to clear my head, made a bad choice this week

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by quamen, Jun 6, 2008.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

I hooked up with a girl at a party, and the condom broke. I know i didn't cum, but i know i could have still have gotten her pregnant. She took the plan B pill about 9 hours later, but im still freaking out. How can i know when im in the clear? I want to call her and ask her, but im unsure how long it will take for her to know if she is or is not pregnant.

Also since i really don't know this girl to well, how long should i wait before i get tested for anything? i do not know how long it takes for any kind of diseases to appear after having unprotected since, even though it was for a very short time because i realized the condom broke.

what upsets me the most is, i have been really cautious. I haven't hooked up with anyone in over 1 year, due to the fact of wanting to be safe and only have sex once im in a relationship, and now i messed up big time.

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I would like to know how YOU messed up. Or even how SHE messed up. You guys did all that could be reasonably expected, sometimes stuff just happens.

You're most likely in the clear.

3. Reign

Reign Banned

You sound like you're still in HS... either that or you're just a huge ignorant dumbass. Go learn this shit before you get an STD or you give someone an STD. Or you go and knock up someone...

4. RockDaBoat

RockDaBoat New Member

Cut him some slack, he's a lot further along than a lot of people his age. At least he wore a condom and had a Plan B.

But, yes. He should go out and learn more.

5. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

Yes it sucks that it happend, but you really did the best you could. Wait a few weeks and go get tested to ease your mind. If she took plan B, she's most likely fine....

6. quamen

quamen New Member

i messed up for myself by doing what i did. I told myself numerous times i wasnt going to fool around any more, because of all the shit out there. I have not hooked up in over 1 year, sticking to my word and i slipped. I rather be in a relationship so i know ill be safe. so i should wait a few weeks for the std check, you cant go any sooner?

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Props to you. You wore a condom and got her the Plan B pill. You are fine (in terms of her being pregnant).

It's a different story if you are just disappointed in yourself though. Don't beat yourself up though that is pointless. Just remember this and decided in the future if having casual sex is really what you want, not your penis.

It really depends on the STD. Some (like gonorrhea and chlamydia) can be detected soon after you have been infected, even if you have no symptoms. With some, you need to wait until you have symptoms (like genital warts).
    But remember, the most common symptom of an STD is NO symptom.

However, if you think you might be infected with HIV, you will need to wait up to three months after unprotected intercourse before getting tested.

8. fray

fray New Member

I think you did everything you could/should. You have nothing to be ashamed or upset over. You have both taken appropriate precautions (and she sounds like she's at least got her head on straight).

9. jonno

jonno New Member

:ugh: relax.

10. quamen

quamen New Member

thanks for all the responses. i will take all the recommendations into consideration before future hook ups, but i doubt there will be any.

11. DreadJockey

DreadJockey New Member

cant cry over spilled milk
    pun intended

maybe this EXPERIENCE will prevent you from making a worse mistake in the future

always look for the silver lining my friend