trying the convince the wife we need ibooks

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by c.a, Jan 7, 2008.

1. c.a

c.a New Member

trying the convince the wife we need macbooks

I think its about time we get a new computer and I'm trying to convince her that we should get matching ibooks because I'm military and it will help us stay connected when I'm gone. (I'll be gone for a year here starting in september) But I don't think she's buying into the whole cost effective factor. So what all beside the built in camera can help with connectivity? I'm retarded when it comes to macs but i still want one.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  2. adum

adum Wine & Tech

they no longer make the ibooks so you are either A) wanting to buy a used iBook or B) confusing the Macbook with the iBook. My guess is B, so yes it has a good built-in camera and iChat works every now and then with the video chat although it apparently has gotten more reliable. iPhoto will make it very easy for the two of you to manage/send/receive photos of each other (photos you can take with the webcam, or digital camera). If you have any specific questions let me know I'll be happy to answer anything.

3. c.a

c.a New Member

edited, thanks

4. adum

adum Wine & Tech

ok that's what I thought.

I had a Macbook I've since upgraded to the MacBook Pro, anyway my gf and I were in a long distance relationship and she has a Macbook too. We used the video chat all the time to keep things going, to be honested I think it really kept our relationship strong. Go for it!

5. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

I video chat with my GF all the time. Definitely a must! :bigok: