WEB Trying out Affiliate ads

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ender0910, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Ender0910

Ender0910 woot!

Just got approved for some ads from Commission Junction and also for Azoogle.

From what I see, CJ has much more friendlier offers. By friendly, I mean less "evil" towards the customer. Many of azoogle ads seem pretty shady... it might just be our niche, though: mobile phones, which lends itself to those auto-reocurring charge/month type things.

I've picked an ad from CJ and am mixing it in with our google ads 50/50. May try an azoogle ad in a week.

It was interesting talking to the Azoogle guy on the phone, though. Discussed our traffic and plans before he approved the site. He also found other sites that we're working on (registrar or something, I guess) and was asking about those as well.

Anyways, if you guys are interested, I'll keep this updated with my results. I've never dealt with anything except google adsense, so this may be fail in the making :hs:

2. LeeH

LeeH New Member

I would like to see what results you are getting.
    We have been throwing in CJ ads for the last couple of weeks, and yes, the advertisers are a bit less 'sleazy' than Azoogle. We have tried one advertiser, and unfortunately, even with 87K impressions and 236 clicks, we haven't made a single sale yet. PPCA is a lot more iffy than eCPM's, and I think I will stick to Marchex and Tribal fusion as our source of advertiser income.

3. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

Don't go with azoogle they owe me money and refuse to pay it, sign up at ads4dough.com jason is a good guy its who I'm mainly with right now but I have accounts at every place really. I don't like azoogle since they turned into epic advertising as they have gone into the whole corp image thing. Plus if jason has the same offer he could offer you more per a lead he has a lower overhead where azoogle has to pay for more stuff.

4. Browning

Browning Active Member

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    1. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet?
    2. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet?
    3. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet?
    4. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet?
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

awesome

5. transistor

transistor Well-Known Member

6. Ender0910

Ender0910 woot!

thanks, will look into it :coold:.

I remember reading a few horror stories about azoogle on digitalpoint so it does seem they're rather shady.

Another ad platform that looks very promising is buysellads.com. This isn't affiliate marketing, but people actually buy space on your site. I like this idea because it looks like a slightly more stable approach to selling ad space. at the beginning of the month, you know how much money you're getting. Are there any other services like this? I see PSDTuts is using this site (doesn't someone here own that?). Still waiting to be approved for this one, though.

7. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

8. transistor

why the fuck not? we should help eachother out

9. Pepsi1975

because that shit barely works in conga madness, there is no mod to over see it

and if you want to get technical you need to have a member's service sub

and someone can view your post as spam and you could be banned for it
    is that enough reasons why

10. transistor

motion to demod pepsi for being a homofag

11. Pepsi1975

or i can be an asshole and send that shit to glen or tank and have your ass banned over it

people know i watch over webmaster forum and take care of you guys, but you going to be an asshole over me letting you know that it is a bannable offense then fuck you

12. Phasm

Phasm OT Supporter

pepsi is just doin' his job :( :love:

13. transistor

:rofl: i'm just playing

you take this way too seriously

14. Pepsi1975

oops enjoy the ban :rofl:

i am kidding i was fucking with you when i told you that i would send it to the smods :rofl:

15. Ender0910

Ender0910 woot!

Code:
    Web Site                   All web sites
    Period                       Today
    Commission earned     $0.00 USD
    Sales                         0
    Leads                        0 
    Clicks                        91
    Impressions               113,372
    CTR                          0.08%
    EPM                          N/A
    EPC                          $0.00 USD
    Well, here we are. The end of day 1. Not 1 sale.

Our adsense CTR is between 0.10% and 0.15%. As you can see, these ads don't perform quite as well. But it may be due to my selection of ads and such... I'm still learning. It does feel nice to be in control of what shows up.

This particular affiliate has a 45 day referral period, so that gives me a bit of hope. 7 day EPC (estimated payout per 100 clicks) is supposed to be around $50. So far that has failed. But it hasn't been 7 days yet, so I will give them their fair chance.

Another factor is that the ads we're using here are pretty much the same ads that adsense has been showing for the last 6 months. It might get us more clicks to try something new... leverage the fact that we can pick something that adsense might not.

edit: someone tell me if posting this kind of info is against CJ's TOS. I know google doesn't like you posting any info relating to adsense...

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  16. Ender0910

Ender0910 woot!

sweet mother of god. my first affiliate sale ever! :bowdown:
    Code:
    Period               Today
    Commission earned               $3.79 USD
    Sales               1
    Leads               0
    Clicks               30
    Impressions               37,901

17. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

dont get pissed at pepsi.

Noone wants to click your shitty link so you make 5 bucks or w/e :rofl:

If he lets one person do it, the next thing you know this place will be filled with referral links

18. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

oh i probably should of read the rest of the thread :o

19. transistor

what's wrong with that? if people are signing up anyway, it might as well benefit other OTers :dunno:

wickedfire is that way

20. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

of course. Within our small social circle we have here it would be cool. But once the lurkers/spamemrs start coming out it would just end up having to go back to how it is.

21. 07

07 18-1

Nice stuff, I was going to say... even though you didn't have a sale on the first say, alot of the merchants on CJ don't even upload your sales for a day or more.

22. Yahdude

Yahdude New Member

Just chiming in that I've had some payout issues with azoogle as well...and have heard good things (although haven't jumped on board yet) about ads4dough.

Good luck with CJ, I do well with them.

23. Pepsi1975

I got approved for ads4dough, i will be playing around with them soon

24. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

I've never had any issues with azoogle but don't run much traffic through their offers either. But always been paid.

Market leverage is pretty awesome so far for most things and payments are nice.

If you guys run any specific offers with a decent amount of traffic let me know which and what you are currently getting for them. My friend runs publisherrev and I can get you guys in (and special attention)...it's small enough he can add specific offers you want/need and give up most of his cut to usually beat every other network on payouts.

25. Jesse

Jesse PSN: iamajesse; XBL: Inhale My Rod; G8 GT crew; Ne OT Supporter

What should I use to push emoticon ads on SmiliesFTW if Azoogle is ghay?