SRS Trying new Acne meds and Progress update (Pics)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BradUF, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I have had acne since I was 14 and I am 21 now. It has settle down but I still have some acne and my pores are huge. I am trying to restore my healthy glow to my skin. I am using Exposed Acne Kit to do it and will be posting my progress here. From a distance my skin looks fine. It is when you get up close you see how huge my pores are, so here are some real close up pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the first full day I have been using Exposed Acne Kit and I will post an update Monday. Even though this is my first day using Exposed I really like it because it leaves my skin feeling soft and not dried out like stuff that has been perscribed. We will see if it works though.

2. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Even after 2 treatments of this stuff my skin has cleared up a little bit. Much smoother and my zits are shrinking. So I will have more pictures Friday instead of Monday.

3. RX8Shinka

RX8Shinka New Member

I don't know about the Exposed Acne Kit but I can tell you that Stridex Medicated Pads with Aloe really works!!! And best of all, it's alcohol-free and under $6. I use that with Equate (WalMart) brand cleanser and it works!!! My skin is clearing up beautifully.

Best of luck with that acne treatment. I just wanted to let you know that you don't need to shell out alot of $$ to get clear skin. Stupid me, actually feel for that Proactive junk on TV.. didn't work.

4. fhfn2000

fhfn2000 New Member

i've just been prescribed some acne meds. i hope it works out for both of us.

the over the counter stuff doesn't seem to make too much of a difference for me

5. derp

derp Active Member

yeah i have somewhat bad acne and im 23. it's worse on my back. :(

the best thing for me really has been just using a lot of benzyl peroxide, but i might consider going on accutane eventually. i turned it down a few years ago.

6. NotSoSmart

NotSoSmart New Member

Try Acne.org -- they have some tips.

Go to a dermatologist that actually knows what they're doing. I tried everything. I mean everything...benzoperoxide, different types of washing, different soaps, Retin A, micro Retin A, tetracylcline, dextraclycline...the works. Nothing really worked...

Finally, I got onto Tazorac + Bactrim pills -- I can now be clear for weeks at a time and I'll get 1 or so. It used to be 4-5 new ones a day...

Anyways, talk to a dermatologist...best bet by far. Good Luck.

7. Ish

Ish New Member

I used stridex pads for a week and it dried up my skin so bad that the whole top layer of my skin peeled off like a bad sunburn.

8. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I have had it for years, I have tried every acne med out there. I even had accutane cream which made my acne get a million times worse and I gave it 3 months. This exposed kit is working better then anything I had perscribed. The last thing I used was Klaraon for 112.00 bucks a bottle. Also they will not perscribe accutane for this light an acne and I would not want to take it for something this light. Everything ever perscribed to me always had a side effect and so far exposed has 0 and my skin feels so much softer.
    I am making this post for people who have had acne for years and want to try something new. I just want everyone to see how this works out for me so they can decide if its worth there time and if it really works like thi site says. The entire process of using this stuff takes like 20 min in the morning and 20 min at night because you have to put 5 creams on each time.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2006
  9. nmt6789

nmt6789 Guest

Stridex doesnt do shit if you have acne. Just go to the derm and get it over with.

10. vtectyper

vtectyper New Member

Take the accutane man its worth it. I'm on it right now the side effects aren't that big of a deal. Dry Skin and dry lips is all I get.

11. BradUF

BradUF Guest

All they can do is give you random drugs and hope something can help.

12. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Also, I am looking to restore alot of the dmg caused from years of acne.

13. Noelting

Noelting Guest

wat

14. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Please don't open ancient threads.

R.I.P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.