SRS Trust Issues

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by di3soft, Jan 30, 2008.

1. di3soft

di3soft Guest

I have a horribly hard time trusting anyone in my life, I have been betrayed and back stabbed, Probably added to my issues. I want to believe what people say I just cant force my self to do it. When some one tells me something I automatically start to analyze and turning it around untill the point where I dont believe them. I have a great SO, now im not a jelous person, when she goes out to a party with out me (cause I work full time and go to school full time) I start to think to my self "what if she is drunk and some one takes advantage of her?" I know I should trust her but I dont. I have a very hard time letting any one get close enough to me where they can hurt me. Everytime some one gets this close I start to push them away, push and push untill i lose them completly. I think I have maybe 2 people I trully trust and those two people I would take a bullet for any day and they would do the same for me.:hs:

I dont know what it is, It constantly rattles my mind thinking about anything that requires a little bit of trust. I over analyze every situation and it always turns out for the worst.

As much as I dont like to admit it I have been breaking down quite often to the point where I feel like im going to ball my eyes out, but i dont cause I force my self not to. I cant confide in anyone about this because I cant trust them, for those 2 people that I do trust I dont want to bring to them my problems even though I know they will help me. Right now im sitting at work stressing out because the SO sais she is sick and stayed at home but I dont believe it for some reason. something so asinine and trivial gets to me. I wish I could let people into my life and be happy. I cant get over the lack of trust that I have. I battle with my own demons everyday and cant ask for help because I dont trust people.

:mepoke: I guess that smiley puts it how I feel best, some one could be poking me with a stick and I wont respond because Im so caught up in my own mind. I so badly want to trust and be able to go to some one for help. Ive always been there to help people because they can confide in me and they know I will never tell a living soul. Yet I cannot do the same

2. Ev0lv3

Ev0lv3 New Member

Dude, this is the way I am. ALmost to a T. I always analyze something and come up with the worst case scenario, then I start believing it and it blows up in my face. Unfortunetly though I let people into my life and I do get hurt. That is part of life, we cant help it.

I've been backstabbed, cheated on, lied to. ALOT, and my last relationship was ended because of my insecurities and jealousy because of all the other shit. I'm seeing a counselor now, which I think is the best damn thing you can do for yourself. See where your trust issues come from, and deal with them. Then start off new almost.

It really is amazing how counselors work, they can pinpoint stuff wrong with you and give you ways to deal with it. And you know what, deep down you already know whats wrong with you if you talk about yourself the way you would to a counselor, which is what i've found.

3. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Very wise. OP, there unfortunately isn't anything I can do to help in this case. It's too extensive and requires one on one treatment. If you get counseling, you will be able to work through this. Expect it to take awhile.

I will say I too had the same exact problem. I'm good now though.

4. SixSecrets

SixSecrets New Member

Trust. Such a big word for five letters. I think we have all been betrayed/shatterd/pulverized/etc at one time or another because of trust. After the aforesaid, it is so gosh darn hard to learn to trust anyone again. First, you have to learn to trust yourself-I think that is of the greatest import. Once achieved and you are on the road again, You can read something by Rosenbloom & Williams (1999-Guilford Press), do some face time with a therapist and, sadly, learn to be more cautious about trusting in the future, but all of this should not preclude you to eventually trusting another. It's a real hard journey and the hurts will come and go-it's a fact of life.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  5. di3soft

di3soft Guest

Thanks every one, appreciate it alot