FRK Trust- How to?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by chakup, May 15, 2008.

1. chakup

chakup Guest

Ok this is a spinoff on the other thread going.

Background-
    found out my wife had some affairs last year. she came to me and apologized was going to get help and didn't and found out they continued.

Now-
    Things are pretty much done and over at this point and I'm trying to look ahead to my future. It all seems so blah right now. I have lost all trust/faith in people. How in the heck do I gain this back? For those of you who have been through something similiar what did you do? How did you heal? I know this isn't exactly an FS issue. But I lurk here alot, value the opinions offered in here, and feel there' alot of sound advice to be given from this group.

2. brock3931

brock3931 OT Supporter

I have had three longterm relationships that ended because of infidelity. I was cheated on every time. Trust is not gained back, it is given. It is up to you to decide to get over the issue and believe that not every person is like your ex. My wife is open, honest, and we have a great relationship. And I hate to beat a dead horse, since it is brought up in every thread, but communication is the key to success all the way around.

3. Bubba Atlantis

Bubba Atlantis New Member

:big grin: your awesome :mamoru:

Always dissapointed you do not post more :(

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

This probably isn't the advice you're looking for but I don't think long term humans make good monogamous animals. Maybe consider poly relationships....

Otherwise, time, blah blah blah.

5. Bubba Atlantis

Bubba Atlantis New Member

Oh I probably would not go with that. Although I understand the evolutionary perspective that human's are not monogamous creaters in general, there are many social norms and pressures that make us do a lot of things that we are not 'naturally' accustom to. Therefore, your argument holds true evolutionarily speaking, but not socially :)

6. FallNAngel

FallNAngel ...destroyer of threads...

Plus, that doesn't take into account what *HE* wants. Granted this *is* the FS forum (and perhaps it's just me), but I'm not getting the "I want to be in a poly relationship" vibe here.

7. chakup

chakup Guest

correct. I am more than happy being commited to one person.