trunk rattle

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LaJoo, Nov 5, 2004.

1. LaJoo

LaJoo Guest

My trunk rattles and my exhaust rattles. It seems like my trunk is gonna rattle apart from all the rattling. I have a jl 1000/1 and a 15" brahma in a lexus ls430. All the bass seems like its stuck in the trunk because of the way the lexus is built. Will dynamat stop the rattling? I used like two bottles of road kill on the lid, but it didn't seem to help.

2. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

Dynamat will help yes.

3. dbdraggin

dbdraggin New Member

if you want a cheaper alternative to dynamat then check out peel and seal, its sold in lowes and most home depots... its an asphalt based roofing material with a thin aluminum layer on it. its identical to dynamat extreme and almost surely has the same oem manufacturer... plus its alot cheaper.

road kill is a waste of money, i used to sold it at the store i worked for about 3 weeks, never ever had results with any kind of noticable difference.

4. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

I wouldnt touch peel n seal with a 15 foot pole. I've heard of too many people having it come loose and ruin equipment.

5. Bavarian3

Bavarian3 OT Supporter

works perfectly fine for me.

check out Edead, and Second skin.

www.edesignaudio.com
    www.secondskinaudio.com

dynamat is a rip off.

6. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

Peal n Seal, Ice Guard and other roofing laminates are not designed to stick as well to metal, so if you live in a hot climate it can come loose, cold flow, ect. They basicly have the same acoustical properties as any other bituminous laminate though, so if your looking to save some money, I would use it on floor panals, or surfaces that aren't vertical, or overhead.