GUN TruGlo Sig sights...?????

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Aaron74, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Aaron74

Aaron74 Guest

I recently purchased a new Sig P220 .45acp. The factory sights are pretty good, and the gun is extremely accurate for being "out of the box". Anyways, I was looking for some responce on night-sights (tritium). TruGlo has an extremely cool looking sight, that looks like it would function extremely well. click--->Sure-Sight . I've got a couple questions (if anyone has this sight). My main concern is the size of that sight. It seems like it might obstruct the aiming veiw of the target making it difficuilt to find the "bullseye". They say this is ment for "multiple targets". Is that actually true? I've contacted TruGlo via E-mail, but I have not recieved anything back yet.

Another sight that caught my eye was the click--->Basiz Tritrium sight. It looks like it would serve very nicely.

Anyway if anyone has any input on these two sights, or anything of the same sort that works well, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Aaron

2. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

As far as the 1st goes, I'd worry about snagging. Those sights do appear higher than most normal ones. The design kinda reminds me of a Styer...

The 2nd looks more practical. The bottom ones seem better than the top. You'll find that when shooting, crud will build up on the "tube" that collects the light. This is not good when doing a lot of shooting. It has to be cleaned and the abrasive residue can scratch the "tube" and not allow optimum light transferrance.

I've got night sights on my P220, but they are Trijicons. I love 'em and as always, never had a problem w/ a Trijicon product. It is a proven design w/ lots of contracts. Show's they're doin' somethin' right...

3. Aaron74

Aaron74 Guest

Yeah, I was also wondering about snagging. They're not a smooth edged sight. They look really cool and I bet they have a good "aww" factor. But as far as usage and that, it doesn't seem really practical for what I'm doing.

The second sight seems alot better, but I just now noticed the open tritrium tube on the sight. Other man. make enclosed sights to prevent dirt and grit??

4. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

The 2nd link, halfway down the page, has the plain tritium. The top one is a "fiber optic" style and would screw up like I said above. Plus, they come loose and have a tendancy to fall out.

Here's the picture of the regular one:
    [​IMG]

5. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

From what I have read and seen, the Tru Glow sites fade faster than normal plus the open tube does collect junk. Make sure you check because fiber optic does NOT mean it's a night sight. Fiber Optic sights just glow more when there is ambient light around. At night they are just like normal paint. This company uses a very small amount of tritium to light up the fiber optics, but it fades quick.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2004
  6. Aaron74

Aaron74 Guest

So, who makes a good hight quality night sight??

7. shohan

shohan New Member

Check out meprolights. Everyone raves about them on SigForum.com. I'm considering putting them on my 220.

8. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Yep, also check with the factory to see what they have available.

9. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

I just got trijicons on my 1911, definately impressed. guaranteed for 12 years and they are enclosed to keep them protected.

10. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

i have mepros on my 19. both my friends have had mepros on their 19's for over two years each. they still glow brightly in the dark. mine are like little green goblins in my holster at night, low light or no light. kimber is the ONLY US importer of mepros, and they use them on their TLE's and such.

11. Henry47

Henry47 New Member

where did you buy the 220 from? i'm looking to buy the p220 ST and the best price I've seen was $599

12. shohan

shohan New Member

$599 for a 220ST? If so pick it up. Thats the best price I've seen. That's a better price a regular 220. If were talking NIB of course. If not $599 for an ST is still pretty good for a nice used one.

13. Aaron74

Aaron74 Guest

I got a BRAND NEW SigP220 from a pawn shop here in Houston for 550.00$ Came with the case, extra mag, booklet and gun. They've got one more. A stainless for 595.00$ I think they're the 2003 models though. Just never been bought. Pruetts guns n ammo sells the 2004 Sigs for 695.00$ last I checked (blued)

( I had a problem registering at the Sigforum.com. When I entered my Email, it said there was an error and my Email is to be verifyed. Yes, I had them in both slots and it still wouldn't work. What the hell am I suposed to do? I tried for like, 45 minutes... :dunno:

14. Henry47

Henry47 New Member

yes the p220St is $599 NEW IN BOX. I've been having problems with sigforum.com also but after a while it just worked.

15. Aaron74

Aaron74 Guest

The site won't except my yahoo email for some reason.