GUN Troy Gentry Accused of Killing Tame Bear

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by twistid, Aug 17, 2006.

1. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

http://www.forbes.com/entrepreneurs/feeds/ap/2006/08/16/ap2953920.html

Troy Gentry Accused of Killing Tame Bear

Troy Lee Gentry, of the country singing duo Montgomery Gentry, has been accused of killing a tame black bear that federal officials say he tagged as killed in the wild.

Gentry, 39, of Franklin, Tenn., and Lee Marvin Greenly, 46, of Sandstone, appeared Tuesday before U.S. Magistrate Judge Raymond Erickson in connection with a sealed indictment returned by a federal grand jury in Minneapolis.

Authorities allege that Gentry purchased the bear from Greenly, a wildlife photographer and hunting guide, then killed it with a bow and arrow in an enclosed pen on Greenly's property in October 2004.

The government alleges that Gentry and Greenly tagged the bear with a Minnesota hunting license and registered the animal with the state Department of Natural Resources as a wild kill.

Gentry allegedly paid about $4,650 for the bear, named Cubby. The bear's death was videotaped, and the tape later edited so Gentry appeared to shoot the animal in a "fair chase" hunting situation, the government alleges.

If convicted, both Gentry and Greenly face a maximum penalty of five years in federal prison and a $20,000 fine.

Greenly refused to comment Tuesday. A spokesman for Gentry said he couldn't comment.

Montgomery Gentry, along with co-singer Eddie Montgomery, are known for hits such as "My Town" and "If You Ever Stop Loving Me."

2. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Wow... I ... don't know what to say about that.

3. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

:mad: Fucking Franklin hicks.

Put my whole county to shame.

4. Iceburn

Iceburn Made in the USA

That guy is a fucking asshole and a pussy for killing it in a cage.

5. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

i hope this story goes bigtime, and all his fans find out what a piece of shit this coward is.

6. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Canned hunting is for cowards :greddy2:

7. reman

reman New Member

What is canned hunting anyways?
    My uncle has hunting land that is fenced (divided) and the land is in the middle of nowhere. Does that count as "canned"?

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I got mixed feelings about it, well first I think canned hunts are for faggots, but going to jail over killing a non endangered animal? I dont know, although its a faggot thing to do and claim you shot it while hunting thats pretty much how we get most of our store bought meats.

9. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I'm torn... While I think it's completely ghay thing to do, as long as he eats it, it's just basically a REALLY expensive dinner.

10. Gimik

Gimik New Member

wow. I posted almost the exact same thing as squid. Repost I guess!

11. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If the animal suffered yes, if it was anything like that old canned hunt video with the lion where they shot it several times he deserves the maximum sentence if not I think he should just get an extremely high fine(more then the max $20k the guys rich 20k aint shit). Either way the guys a faggot for doing a canned hunt and a double faggot for doing it with a domesticated animal.