Trouble with frontpage

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BluePhoenix451, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Hey wats up- noob here, yeah

So I'm trying to publish my web from frontpage using frontpage server extensions. Im using HELM to manage my site and I installed the extensions from there. So I have my username and password, but when I enter them in frontpage, it says connecting but it won't connect.

Can someone help a noob out?
  2. vwgeekdotcom

vwgeekdotcom Silver Surfer

Sep 6, 2001
    Did you check with your hosting company ( I assume helm) to see what kind of access you have to it, and if it is FTP, did you check to see if it needs to be set to passive?
  3. My host is ZestHost. I tried setting it to passive...nothing
  4. You know, maybe I didn't set it to passive, I really don't know. Thought I did, but I probably didn't, so can you explain how to set it to passive?

5. Ok, i was on HELM and I think I found my problem:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Installing Frontpage from Helm to a site results in only the server wide FP_Admin being able to access the account[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Installing Frontpage from Helm to a site results in only the server wide FP_Admin being able to access the account. The user name chosen by Helm is not actually assigned to the site, so a user cannot use it login to Frontpage on their site.

Helm adds the Frontpage user domain.com_fp to the AdvAuthor group for that domain.

Make sure that the AdvAuthor group has the relevant permissions in Frontpage. Make sure the user web does not contain things like Sub Webs that the AdvAuthor does not have permission to publish (unless altered).

Also ensure the details in the Web service in Helm are correct. The FrontPage admin username and password MUST be an administrator account on the server. Also check the port number is correct.

But I'm not really sure how and where to go to solve this problem, can anyone help me?