Trouble installing new video card..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Madness, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Madness

Madness Do not let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is no

Got a little ticked at my current nVidea FX5200s performance today and impulse bought a ATi Radeon X1300 Pro. Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to install it until around 3 AM (lil too late to repeat the same thing a dozen times before asking for help). I followed the installion instuctions to the letter, but when I turn the computer on Im getting nothing but a blank white screen. The AGP drivers for the motherboard should already be installed and the nVidea display drivers were uninstalled before I took the card out so I'm not sure what could be behind the problem.. Any one have any ideas? questions? coffee? :dunno:

Stats (if it helps):
    vc - Ati X1300 Pro, AGP 8x, 256mb
    mb - eVGA nForce3 250 AGP 8x/4x

2. Schproda

Schproda New Member

Read the instructions again. I believe with ATI you have to uninstall ALL video drivers. Go into your CMOS setup and let it boot to the ATI card instead of what's on board.

3. Madness

Madness Do not let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is no

all of the video drivers are uninstalled.. the only thing there is the GART driver for the mainboard which the instructions are saying not to remove. Just for the hell of it I removed that too and got the same result (white screen on start up, quick flash to black, followed by continious white screen).

Edit: would this have anything to do with the fact that the MB is made by nvidia?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2006
  4. Schproda

Schproda New Member

Nah, try disabling the onboard AGP if you can and try again. I've never seen that so the card could be bad.