trouble gaining weight...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by poorboy, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poorboy

poorboy New Member

i an 6'4 and 165 pounds. I have been this way since high school dispite trying everything from weightgainner from gnc to eating more peanut butter than i think anyone should ever subject themselves to. My weight changes two to three pounds here and there but i can not put on the weight i want, perferrably 20-30 pounds at least. If anyone has any ideas please help, would appreciate it greatly.:x:....sorry about the spelling, i do my best.

2. Grouch

Grouch Guest

eat more.

really what you think is a lot of food, most likely really isn't

3. hip hippo

hip hippo Eric Berry, son.

Eat more and do it consistently.

4. lilox

lilox Live fast, Die old

ok its quite simple really, i'll try and expand on the usual advice of "squat and eat" you will get

basically you need to start eating food and lots of it, you need to consume bulks of food you have never tried to fit into your small stomach, on top of that you need to then shovel in more, when you are feeling sick thats a sign you are nearly done, so squeeze in a bit more. keep up at this for a few weeks and your stomach will increase in size. Try to eat food low in fat but high in proteinb and carbs,

also depending on your goals lift weights, unless you want to be a fatty, in that case just eat 10buckets of kfc a day.

I started off on here whinging i couldnt put on weight when i was 140lbs @ 5'11, after whining for months i realised that unless i ate i would not gain weight, i hit 175lbs a while back and have raised my target from 180lb to 200lbs @12% bf

5. poorboy

poorboy New Member

i eat more than anyone that i know, someone told me that protein could help, but everything ive read sound like it is more for muscle or slimming down.

6. Grouch

Grouch Guest

more fat = more weight.

7. lilox

lilox Live fast, Die old

thats a good trap to fall into, i bet you can sit down and eat more than all your freinds in one sitting, but i bet you don't consistantly eat that ammount of food.

I'm a littly guy and people are often amazed at the ammount i can pack away if i have skipped a few meals,

8. poorboy

poorboy New Member

That is probably the truth. i snack alot but actual meals, though i may eat a ton or far and between, maybe two a day. i work alot though and findng time to sit down and eat is hard, mybe instaed of looking for an easy solution like wieght gainner, i should concentrate on finding the time to sit down and eat a few meals, and like the other guy posted, stretch my stomach.

9. lilox

lilox Live fast, Die old

weight gainer is a good addition but not a substitute for proper meals,

10. poorboy

poorboy New Member

though it may make me sound stupid, i never thought that i don't eat enough. i eat more at one sitting than alot of my bigger friends eat the entire day, but that one sitting may be the only thing i eat besides a few snacks here and there.

11. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

this is the simplest thing and it seems to cause so much confusion. if you're not gaining weight, you need to eat more. that's all there is to it, no matter how much you think you eat, it isn't enough if your weight is staying the same. You definitely want to get lots of protein, but it's not the protein that causes weight gain, it's the excess of calories.

12. hip hippo

hip hippo Eric Berry, son.

I'd recommend logging your calories at fitday.com and seeing just how many cals you're actually taking in every day. It's probably less than you realize.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.