trouble accessing a hard drive

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Pinan, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Pinan

Pinan pagan holidays > * other holidays

here is a the deal... I had a computer with XP on it. I had various user accounts, all password protected. The PC got old, and eventually took a crap on me. Wont even power up. No problem, I bought a new PC. I took the HD out of the old pc, and put it in the case for my external burner. So I have access to the old HD. Can get to ANY file that is not in a password protected area. Basically, I need a way to get around the security on that drive.

I ahve already tried going into the bios and setting the system to boot off of the old drive so that I could take the password protection off, but that idea failed miserably.

I ahve also tried net user, but not too successful with that either... dos isnt my strong suit. And I either cant find the UNIX su equivilent in dos, or I cant make net user work right....

At any rate, I need to bust into that old drive... anyone got any slick ideas?

2. Pinan

Pinan pagan holidays > * other holidays

OK... I guess I am missing the obvious here.
    I dont have an option to make my self the owner, and 'sharing' the drive doesnt give me access. And I keep getting 'drive not accessible' errors.

3. 626

626 New Member

PM if you still need help....