Trojan horse on Ebay?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LtBk, Nov 30, 2004.

1. LtBk

LtBk New Member

Few minutes ago, my dad was surfing on Ebay when he got a virus from KAV that shows they detected a Trojan named Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen. He deleted the file which was a IE temp file. After that, the same alert about the same trojan pops out again and keeps doing this until he deletes the cache. After that, the virus warning pop-outs stop. Is this a false positive by KAV or what? Again, this happen only a few minutes ago and not in reset of day.

2. korrupshun

korrupshun New Member

first what the hell is KAV (... Anti Virus)....

second, most commercial sites (like ebay) try very hard to avoid this kind of thing and if you report it they will shut down the perpetrator.

whats happening is that whatever item you (your pops) was browsing, had an embedded trojan...the web has all kinds of ways to slap you with these (the recent jpeg scare on IE as an example)....the thing to do now is let ebay know what user put it up there and they will remove the auction/ban user

3. deezil

deezil Guest

KAV==Kapersky Anti-Virus.

4. LtBk

LtBk New Member

I don't think the stuff he was browsing through didn't had an embedded trojan. According to people, this is just a false positive after doing a search on Net.

5. korrupshun

korrupshun New Member

possible its a false positive, but better safe than sorry right? and good admin has a healthy dose of paranoia

6. LtBk

LtBk New Member

Yeah i guess.