COMIC Trinity Blood

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by llee5354, May 5, 2005.

1. llee5354

llee5354 Bring IT!!

Looks badass so far. Lots of potential. Its by Gonzo!

2. JP

JP Active Member

story cliffs?

3. llee5354

llee5354 Bring IT!!

Trinity Blood Episode 1 - Flight Night

OP - Dress (bloody trinity mix) (Buck-Tick) - goth-rock from the group behind the OP for Nightwalker which sounds pretty much the same as the original version from the early 90s. Yet again, Gonzo haven't managed to finish their OP off properly for the first episode (too much footage from this episode and presumably some forthcoming ones) but it still looks pretty good

ED - Broken Wings (Tomoko Tane) - Engrish! SO MUCH ENGRISH! Also much slushiness as we see the two main characters cuddling and yearning and stuff.

Thousands of years ago, a war raged across Earth, after which vampires appeared, possessing superhuman reflexes and drinking the blood of the human race. The anime begins as Abel Nightroad, a jovial and seemingly clumsy priest, is travelling aboard the airship Tristan when it is attacked by a vampire that takes over the ship's controls. The Vatican's ineffectual Pope is convinced to attempt to shoot down the airship, despite the protests of the Pope's intelligent older sister Katarina. Abel fights the vampire and reveals that he is actually also vampiric in nature, codenamed "Crusnik", manifesting a massive scythe of blood which he uses to defeat the vampire (by making him rip out his own heart!) after the vampire reveals he is working for the insidious Rosenkreuz. They are saved from a Vatican missile by a mysterious figure, and Katarina exposits that Rosenkreuz is apparently part of an evil group known as Contra Mundi - so we've got our central conflict nicely set up.

Oh, and there was a random barmaid named Jessica who knew how to fly the plane, but she's not in the opening credits or any of the promotional material for the series so I don't think she'll ever be coming back.

I'm not quite sure what I want to say about Trinity Blood. I liked it, that's for sure - the first episode has really great production values, the action is tight and exciting, and Abel is an interesting protagonist. However, having read up on the series beforehand I know this episode is completely invented "filler" and in some ways spoils a few things - the reveal that Abel is a vampire doesn't come until right near the end of the first novel, for instance. EDIT: this is all wrong, I didn't realise how screwy the timeline of Trinity Blood is, cheers duckroll. Ignore this, but I still think they could have left the whole nanomachine-vampire-scythe thing until later in the series.

Yet that gripe aside, the world of Trinity Blood looks to be particularly interesting, with the machinations already going on in the Vatican, their rivalry with the vampires, and whatever plotline gets developed from here on in. I presume the next episode will introduce us to the other main character, Esther, but we'll have to wait and see I suppose. Except no, it doesn't, as it's another CD drama adaptation. Once again, duckroll proves my idiocy.

Immediate comparisons will obviously be drawn to Hellsing, being another stylish vampire series from Gonzo, but I don't think it's really a valid comparison - to be frank, there's much more of a plot here, and it's not quite as "badass" since Abel is a bit of a moron as well as a massively powerful force of destruction. Plus I think it looks much nicer (if more conventional).

So, looking forward to next week, then. Thursday night is definitely big on anime for me this season, what with Trinity Blood, Honey and Clover AND Speed Grapher all airing then.

Courtesy of http://www.ass-no-ryu.com/animeblog/archives/001489.html

4. llee5354

llee5354 Bring IT!!

Cliffs: about a vampire killing other vampire

5. §abmudaru

§abmudaru New Member

ty for the cliffs. it sounds goods. i think i'll check it out when i get back to my home computer.

6. emerson

emerson dead s3xy

not bad.. enjoyed it.. kind of anticipating the other episodes..

7. ecklipZ

ecklipZ Guest

Guys, definitely check this out. Good mix between Chrno Crusade and FMA from what I'm seeing so far.

8. Roi Kuro

Roi Kuro New Member

Not very good I thought.

9. llee5354

llee5354 Bring IT!!

There's lots of potential.. I hope it becomes dark, bloody and violent later...