Tried supersets for the first time after almost 3 years of lifting

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by RotorBalls, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RotorBalls

RotorBalls Gonz

I knew I needed to change my routine up a bit and agreed to lift with my cousin who is short but pretty big for a little guy. I've pretty much been doing the lift heavy with lower reps and more sets thing. But damn he busted my ass in the gym last night by doing progressivly heavier weights in supersets. It was arm day last night and my arms haven't been this sore in ages! I guess I've never really burned my arms out like this before. What kind of results should one expect with routines like this? It was kinda nice to try something new for once...I just kinda got into a habbit/routine and never wanted to try anything different :o

I really need to get some new pics of me up here...I haven't posted any since the summer competition a couple years ago when I actualy started to get some nicely cut up abs :o I'm sure I'd get haters talking shit about how I haven't made any progress in 2 yrs 8 mo and don't look much different but I've never bulked and haven't made a concious effort at regulating my diet since that summer OT competition a couple years ago. I'd just be looking for suggestions on areas of improvement and how to's. I think I might actually be surprised at my results if I looked back at those old pics and compared them to myself now :dunno:

Clifs: just talking out of my ass :)

2. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

thanks for the cliffs, otherwise I would have just skipped it as it is over my three sentence limit

3. RotorBalls

RotorBalls Gonz

:mamoru: No problem...there was a question in there somewhere :big grin: Just wanted to express my enthusiasm about the routine change up :bowdown:

4. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

as far as your question goes;

Even the best strength coaches in the world can agree that hit can be beneficial for a short time period, the problem is that after a couple weeks, every natural trainee will begin to burnout. So to train like this for a week or so every 6 weeks wouldn't be a bad idea in an oversimplified example.

If you want a good routine change, look into doggcrapp or HST or some type of Conjugate Bodybuilding template. Whatever it is you do, try to pick a routine that is periodized and if your main goal is hypertrophy then try something that is more frequent that traditional hit splits.

5. RotorBalls

RotorBalls Gonz

cool thanks for the info...I'm guessing he does this routine on a regular basis but you're saying only a week at every once in a while? Interesting...and yeah I'll probably look into some HST templates. My workouts were getting boring and I wasn't seeing any progress so it was cool trying something new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.