Tried some LC pads.......

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by justin30513, Nov 8, 2007.

1. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

I recently got some samples from Lake Country to try out. Most of you know I'm pretty much pro-EDGE pads. I tell you what though, the CCS pads are pretty darn good but nothing is like their new foamed-wool pad! I used it today with the UDM and it blew my mind. It was actually designed with Menzerna polishes and 106 was awesome today.

I have a full detail to do tomorrow and there will be pics!!!

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I got the white CCS pads to try out. Decent pads so far (haven't been doing a lot of heavy buffing since my car accident though since it bothers my back) but I have noticed that it doesn't take much pressure for them to stop the UDM from spinning. When using the Meguiars, Soft Buff and DAS pads, the UDM keeps spinning when I apply even a lot of pressure.

:confused:

3. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

yeah that's the problem I was having with CCS pads. I couldn't get much correction out of them. I figured out that the pad has to spin and oscillate to correct. IT took a little practice, but I found the pressure point and get better results now.

4. Juztang

Juztang www.obsessivedetail.com

I've been wanting to try out the Lake Country foamed wool pad with the rotary. I might just have to place an order!

5. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

I'm actually going to use it today with my rotary. I'm told that this is where this pad and 106ff will really shine.