Tried a new wax-review

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Scottwax, Nov 9, 2001.

1. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I am a member on a detailing board, and received an e-mail from another member of that board, telling me about the wax his company sells, and asking if I was interested in free samples. I am always looking to try new products, especially if they will do a good job at a reasonable price. Anyway, I e-mailed him back and told him I was interested. I received their wax, spray detailer and clay bar yesterday.

So far, I have used the spray detailer and the wax on my car and a customer's Range Rover. So far, so good. The shine and reflection is very similar to Meguairs High Tech Yellow #26, but looks even wetter, and feels even slicker. The spray detailer seems on par with Meguairs Final Inspection, but smells better (scent is important when you use the products all the time in a detailing business, believe me!). I haven't used the clay yet, but it looks and feels similar to Mother's Clay Bar, but hopefully, it flattens out easier than the Mother's bar.

Over the next few weeks, I will be using it on other cars-including a Mercedes S600 that has some swirls in it-this wax is supossed to remove them, and I will also be checking the durability of the wax also. It is carnuba based, so I would assume it lasts as long as most carnuba waxes, 2-3 months, but not as long as a synthetic wax.

The website is www.formula113.com and they are apparently very big on the East Coast show car circuit.

Anyway, I will keep everyone posted as I continue to test this wax, but early indications are very good!

2. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

yeah, they are rather big on the east coast....

you might wanna check out www.carpolishes.com

their polish seriously blew meguiars hand polish away..
    i was very impressed.
    they're also getting big on the east coast.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Sick Life-are you referring to Meguiars Hand Polish from the Body Shop Professional line? If so, I find that hard to believe. Better than Show Car Glaze? Maybe, Hand Polish is. I like Meguiars Hand Polish even more than the industry standard, 3M's Imperial Hand Glaze. Do you have a link to the test?

I tried the formula113 wax on a white Acura CL Type-S, a black Acura RSX Type-S and a black Porsche Boxster today, and they all looked great when done; even the white CL looked very wet and glossy. :bigthumb:

This seems to be an excellent wax as far as shine and gloss are concerned. I will continue to evaluate the durability. The only real drawback is there are no local Dallas area distributers, and a gallon of the wax is $100 compared to $28 for Meguiars High Tech Yellow, which has a similar shine but not as much intense gloss.

BTW, since I used it on Friday, 3 people have complimented me on how good my car looks. :cool:

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for the feedback Scott, I'll have to look into this company.