MIL Tri-care spouse enrollment

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ManinCamo, Jan 17, 2006.

1. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

Tricare standard is auto, now I could easily call up a first sgt or ask my flight commander, but its the end of the duty day now. How/what do I do to get my wife the tricare premium. And, tricare covers offbase, civilian care, right? She'd already be covered 100% for military docs?

Help a new Lt out :hsd:

2. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

did you have like a central base check in thing yet? where finance, tmo, personnel, tricare, and all the other players show up and you do paperwork for like 5 hours? at ours they did a brief/assisted paperwork deal for each shop, where they helped everyone do that stuff.

if your base doesn't do that, i would just go to the clinic/hospital, and ask them.

3. darnit

darnit New Member

yep, most clinics have a tricare person to explain all that stuff to you.There are pitfalls with going with standard or prime. best read before you make a choice like that.

4. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

quoted for effect

5. Nixstress

Nixstress Look at me! I am edgy and stabby! OT Supporter

Tricare premium? Are you perhaps referring to Tricare Prime? If you live on base it really doesn't matter because you will be seeing a military doctor. If you don't live on post or far away from a military installation the Tricare prime will be the better choice than Tricare Standard as there is no copay for visits. With prime she will be assigned a PCM and that is the doctor she will have to go to. If she needs to go elsewhere she will have to be referred by her PCM. There is no copay for doctor's visits with tricare prime and medication at regular pharmacies off base will be $3 for generic or $7 for name brand. In order to enroll in Tricare prime all you need to be is active duty. You can go to your tricare office on post and wait for an hour or more or you can just go there to pick up the paperwork and fax the information in.

6. Nixstress

Nixstress Look at me! I am edgy and stabby! OT Supporter

7. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

Yes, I meant tricare prime.

We'll be very close to base and base hospitals and whatnot.

No, nothing was gone over with me regarding tricare during my inprocessing. The only bits of info I have are from when my wife went to a wives meeting and they had some packets of info there.