Treo + Cingular / ATT

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Aladdin Sane, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Aladdin Sane

Aladdin Sane Guest

I have a Treo 600. Pretty old but it works. I was thinking of getting the iphone when it comes out but its not 3g. So I was thinking of upgraded to the Treo 750 which is 3g.

I went into the Cingular / ATT store today and I wanted to know if they could give me some type of deal so the guy looks up my account. He noticed I had the media net unlimited which gives me unlimited internet for $20 month. He said they are starting to crack down on people who have smart phones and are using this plan for internet because for some reason it works when it shoulden't. I don't use internet excessively, but sometimes I do hook it up to my laptop and use it as a modem. I am just hoping he did not flag my account. Anyone have an issues with this or comments on the Treo 750?

2. dooks88

dooks88 need some bat wings

i have the 750 on a $39.99 unlimited data account. My advice would be to try the phone out. You have 30 days to return it... With in the next month or two, the unlimited data plan will also include unlimited text messages. If you get a new phone, you will have to change that data plan no matter what. The 750 is a nice device, but it taked a little dedication to get it to run correctly.

3. Aladdin Sane

Aladdin Sane Guest

An extra $40 a month for internet is crazy.

4. dooks88

dooks88 need some bat wings

you dont have to get the unlimited plan. You said you dont use the internet that much. there are cheaper plans for certian amounts of data usage. check out those.

5. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

just remember its 3g so it will suck down a lot more data than non-3g stuff. Great way to get noticed being on the wrong plan!

that being said, got a buddy using an 8525 for mostly data and he's on a $20 plan :mamoru:

6. qtipboy

qtipboy They taste like burning!

i've been using that 20 dollar plan for a few years now and i have yet to run into a problem with billing.... :x: