Treo 650.. or wait..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Supadoggie, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Supadoggie

Supadoggie I ♥ my doggah

My contract with Verizon is ending soon and I get to do the new every 2 thing..
    ( $100 credit on a new phone)

I was contemplating on the Treo 650.. but it's a Palm OS.. which I dont really want.. Should I just wait for the Treo 700w (windows mobile 5 :eek3: ) or look for maybe the Samsung i730..

I need to stick with verizon because most of my family and friends have it, and it has the best coverage in my area..

I wish I could get the Motorola Q :hs:

any suggestions...

when is the 700w slated to come out? Feb 2006?

2. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

I would wait. Palm OS 5.xx is outdated, and there probably won't be any updates anytime soon.

The Treo 700w seems like it'll be quite the device, and it looks like it may even hit in Jan '06 - I would definitely wait for that.

I really like the i730, and there should be a WM5.0 update for it early next year. The inclusion of wifi + a bigger screen is what would sway me to that one.

Another PDAphone that verizon will be getting is the HTC Apache (Same as sprint's PPC6700) and it will probably be better than the samsung as it has better battery life and the hardware is designed for WM5.0. Personally, that is the one I would get.

3. Supadoggie

Supadoggie I ♥ my doggah

I saw the sprint one on display in Microsoft's booth at Digital Life expo..

it was pretty nice..

when is the Apache slated to come out?

4. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

It was supposed to come this month for Business sales, but has been delayed i believe. Soon, I would assume before the treo hits by ~1month. VZW's quarter ends in Feb I believe, and they want to release the Treo before that quarter ends (recognize revenue for ordered and shipped treos FTW) so if you can be patient for a few months, it might pay off if you wait and see them. Of course you could always use your credit now, upgrade, then when the Treo 700 comes out, you can test it out and if you really like it, ebay the other phone and use that to fund the 700. This would probably be my course of action.