Trend Micro PC-Cillin?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by el_gato_negro, Jul 11, 2004.

1. el_gato_negro

el_gato_negro New Member

Does anyone here have it? How does it compare to Norton 2003? Interms of protection, stability, resource consumption etc. I've been using TM's online virus check since Norton is b0rked on my system (I don't think it likes being reinstalled after a major computer crash :rant2: ).

Thanks in advance for all input!

2. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

I personally like it. I must, since I buy a license 5-pack every year for my machines. I've never had any resource issues with it (unlike Mcafee, which I lothe). Perfectly stable. It uses native OS hooks, so it is compatable with XP SP2's new security center (but most will be, I'm sure). Has a simple but effective firewall built in too if you want to use it. Also has spam filtering and private data protection. Again, both are simple but hey, they are included with the AV product.

My big reason for liking it is that they update the hell out of the def's, and the default update check is every 3 hours, unlike others which default to once a day or even once a week.

3. el_gato_negro

el_gato_negro New Member

OK, so how do I completely remove Norton Systemworks without formatting? :rant:

4. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Add/Remove programs?

5. el_gato_negro

el_gato_negro New Member

No dice. It got fucked up in install, so manual removal is the only way. I've removed a few folders and registry keys, but that fucken thing just gets all over the place... :mad: