SRS Treatment Centers: share your stories

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TheShowStopper, Aug 2, 2009.

1. I was at a rehab facility in LA off mulholland up in the hollywood hills. I have spent over $150,000 so far in treatment (too much). Was big on Benzos, opiates (Fentanyl: 1600mcg lollipops and patches).

finished up treatment have 6 months

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2009
  2. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

Nice!
    I went to a place in Idaho, 3 weeks, used when i got out, but got introduced into the 12 steps while i was in there. My clean date is 3/25/99.

It was a small place, but has now expanded into a new facility and another city. Not very ritzy, but it planted the seed for me.

3. good to see more sober people on this board. doesnt have to be ritzy or cushy to be effective there are a ton of great programs. california i guess is considered the mecca for meetings and treatment centers. you been to any meetings out here?

4. i killed tupac

nope, just idaho and washington area

5. untoastytoast

untoastytoast The Glory Days

did a lot of heroin
    went to rehab for 14 months
    been sober ever since, only because i worked the 12 steps throughly and honestly

6. i killed tupac

congratulations!

7. seismic

seismic New Member

A relative of mine went to Sundown just outside Yakima, WA. They were sober for about a year, had a small relapse (drank a few times over a week) but went back to AA and have been sober since. I think it's been about 3 years. They've obviously had a mental realization and seem to be on the sober path for good.

I visited at Sundown and was very satisfied with the level of knowledge that they offered to friends and family. I went for a weekend and went through some education. I still remember things I learned there to this day and I think it's really helped me relate to people that have problems, and help give advice to people that are developing an addiction.

I've heard that the relapse rate for all recovery programs is high. It just goes to show that treatment doesn't work unless you want it to work. You have to make the decision. If you don't go into it 100% and you're not prepared to deal with the reprecussions of maintaining your sobriety, you won't stick to it. But if you want it, you can do it!