Treadmill suggestions?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by RyeBread, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyeBread

RyeBread If you tell the truth you don't have to remember a

I'm doing some shopping to round out the basement gym.

looking for a decent quality treadmill, but have next to zero experience with them. I prefer a recumbant bike, but the wife doesn't like those, so I'm comprimsing on the cardio, since I got a ton of weights and other gear that I wanted.

suggestions on models?

I'm leaning towards 2.5, or 3.0 horse motors, with a large running deck. (I'm about 210# 6' tall)

I'm not having much luck on craigslist for this one last item for the gym, so I'm currently looking at www.dunhamssportc.om and fogdog - which seem to have a lot of carryover between the two sites.

2. Elfling

Elfling New Member

3. RyeBread

RyeBread If you tell the truth you don't have to remember a

thanks. I've been doing some research with the help of google, and am finding killer reviews on True HRC products, that are in the same price range as the one you linked.

unfortunately, I was hoping to keep it under $1,200.

I got a complete incline bench/smith machine combo, a 3 station triple stack weight bench, 3 bars, curling bar, and over 350lbs of olympic weights for under $400.

I know I can get a decent recumbant bike for +/- $1,000 so I'm trying not to balloon the budget too much on the compromise treadmill. :hs:

4. Elfling

Elfling New Member

FWIW, I think the treadmill is a bit more versatile than a recumbent bike :dunno: weight-bearing and all that jazz, plus the incline variations.

Good luck with it! I wish my budget was big enough for a home treadmill, that would rock. Your gym setup makes me green too :o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.