GUN Travis Tomasie/Max Michel 2 day training class

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AB13, Nov 4, 2009.

1. AB13

AB13 New Member

This summer I'll be flying out Cpl. Travis Tomasie of the Army Marksman Unit and Max Michel, captain of team Sig Sauer out to my club this July to offer a 2 day training class consisting of 1 full day of Training, followed by shooting along side them in a special squad at my Clubs championship Series match this July.

This class has not even yet been structured and is already getting folks committed to the class. I haven't got exact numbers, but I want this class to be no more than 12 shooters so we get as much 1:1 time with them as possible.

Again, you'll be shooting my championship series match as well the following day with them, and I am planning on building 9 stages, think another 250 rounds minimum for the match. I'm taking a week off just to build stages, think Level 2 here.

For WMD'ers only, likely those I know, I'll let you crash on my couch if you fly in. Otherwise I can direct you to a couple of good hotel/motels. I am releasing this here first. Then I will offer this to my club members, and if for some strange reason I don't have enough by then this will get released to the Benos crowd.

Date: July 24th & 25th 2010
    Mininum Round count: 1050 (800 for training, 250 for my match)
    Location: Renton Fish and Game Club Renton, WA (www.rfgc.org)
    Price: $550

Here's your chance to get trained by some National and World champions.

Please contact me directly if you have any questions.

2. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

I wish. :wtc:

3. Goddamn! If I weren't pissing all my money away on rifle stuff I'd take this in a second. I'm sure you won't have a hard time getting people to come though. :)

4. AB13

AB13 New Member

It's nearly 7 months away! Certainly you can save a penny a day and have money by then! lol

You know, I hear Travis isn't bad with a Rifle. :) We're talking world class shooters here, not your local, self proclaimed expert. This is about as top notch training as you can get aside from getting it from Eric G.

I'm hitting the gas on my competition this season come area match season.:naughty:

5. The problem with me saving money is that it finds ways to get spent. :hs:

6. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Damn.... that's a deal right there AB.

What kinda proficiency of the shooters are you lookin for?

7. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

Oooooh...

Kinda interested, since I suck at hand gun shooting. Might be a problem finding that much 9mm though.

How much time do we get to think it over before the hungry masses get to gobble up spots?

8. AB13

AB13 New Member

I'll give you guys a week.

@phrzen, any and all shooters that are committed to getting better and seek training by some of the worlds best.

As a student, I don't care about your credentials as a trainer or how many certifications you may have, show me your results, aka the trophy room. I want to be trained by winners, and those that know how to win.

Once you get the taste of a few wins, it's like crack. You just want to keep winning. And this is absolutely a necessary step. I would also like to have my game scrutinized by the best. I'm getting sick of class wins, I want top 10 OA at an Area match.

9. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

Prereqs, gear check?

10. AB13

AB13 New Member

Whatever you would bring to a match, plus about 1050 rounds or so.

I was initially going to have this a 2000 round class, but I understand ammo is tight. so it'll be 800 rounds at the class. and 250 rounds at my match where you will shoot along side and be coached by Max and Travis.

It would not be a bad idea to bring a back up gun, and back up everything. But I have a ton of gear too, and a few extra handguns laying around.

11. AB13

AB13 New Member

This match is ALMOST sold out! Only 1 more slot left!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  12. That sure was fast!

13. AB13

AB13 New Member

yeah, it took less than 24 hours once I published it at the RFG website. I'm already taking names for the "wait" list.