Travelling to Rochester NY for work... any gyms in the area?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by MSUSpartan, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MSUSpartan

MSUSpartan OT Supporter

Hey guys, I'll be travelling to Rochester NY for business for the next two weeks? I'll probably be working until 9 or so at night everyday... do you guys know of any good places to work out and do cardio at in the area?

Of course I'll need a gym that stays open relatively late and offer day passes. Thanks guys in advance.

2. SpeedyGST

SpeedyGST Guest

i'm pretty sure golds will give ya a day pass.

1250 Scottsville Road, Rochester, NY 14624

3. MSUSpartan

MSUSpartan OT Supporter

Thanks! Do you guys know how much I should expect to pay for a day pass? I'll be out of town for a total of 3 weeks (only 2 in rochester).

I don't think my firm will reimburse gym expenses. Although I bet I can hide it in dinner or something

4. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

hey look me up when you get there

5. ryazbeck

ryazbeck New Member

yellowpages?

6. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

I'm in the area but since I am an RIT student I use our gym. Only other gyms I know of are Golds on scottsville and there is also a very large Ballys total fitness off of Jefferson. Ballys might not be your first choice but they are large and I am pretty sure you can get daily/weekly passes.

7. MSUSpartan

MSUSpartan OT Supporter

Thanks guys, I'll definitely check out the Gold's and Bally's. I hope they stay open pretty late!

I usually work out at my local YMCA, Bally's can't be much worse that that

8. MSUSpartan

MSUSpartan OT Supporter

Filmboy where do you work out at?

I'm finally in Rochester. Stayin' at the Holiday Inn on Monroe, called up Bally's at Harietta and they told me they have a deal w/ Holiday Inn and I can work out for free.

Sweet huh? Looks like this business won't be too bad after all. Leave work at 8, be at the gym by 8:30, it'll work

9. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

Thats pretty cool that they have a deal with the Holiday Inn. Lots of decent bars/coffee shops in downtown. Be sure to check out Javas downtown for some really good coffee. Henrietta is alrite, its where i live for school. The Ballys is a little hidden but it is quite large. Rochester sucks most of the time but when its actually nice out I don't mind being trapped up here.

10. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

I'm in Buffalo tho :sad2: if you wanna make the drive (45min.) I'll take you to my gym :big grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.