A&P Travelling... erasing data dangers?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by multiplexor, Nov 29, 2005.

1. multiplexor

multiplexor Intellectual

Hey... stupid question... :big grin:

I'm travelling to ALOT of places in the next couple weeks...

HK/vietnam/cambodia/bangkok/bali/cebu/shanghai...

i bought an image tank... a 40 gig laptop drive to copy the picture to as i'm travelling... along with a couple gigs of compact flash cards and my 350D...

is there any danger of the data being erased from either the memory cards or the laptop drive? when going through the airport checkpoints?

as a side note, i cannot wait to do this trip... so many pictures to take!!! hehe

thanks!

2. LEXTC

LEXTC Guest

Yea those Image tanks are awesome but the one I used kinda sucked because you couldn't tell if the data was successfully stored. Does yours have some kinda indicator? You should definately try the thing out and familiarize yourself with it before you venture off with it. And good luck, bring back lots of nice pics! :bigthumb:

3. Tom93R1

Tom93R1 Member

I have never had a problem with data being erased from a laptop, camera, mp3 player, etc. I travel regularly and work with alot of people that spend lots of time in airports and dont know of anybody who has ever lost data from the metal detectors at the airport.

4. multiplexor

multiplexor Intellectual

Ah ok, perfect... I was so it should be fine, but rather not take the chance ;-)

in response to Lextc.... the image tank i bought is the VERY VERY simple Look OTG at like 49$ on ebay.... lol it has LEDS to tell you what is copied... lol VERY simple... hehe

I would have bought better, but money..... it's not on my side after this trip costs come raking in...

I also purchased the HD at like 61USD... came out pretty cheap...

5. Sounds like a pretty good deal :bigthumb: 40gigs for 49$ :coold:

6. multiplexor

multiplexor Intellectual

yeah when i won i was like FUCK NICE! every other drive was going up in price slowly... pure luck with this one... drive was brand new / non refurb...

7. Notorious R.I.E.

Notorious R.I.E. Queen Bee

I work for TSA at the airport in ATL. and Our xray machines DO NOT erase or tamper with any electronic items. Reg. Film can be damaged when traveling through a lot of airports but Digital equipment and computers will be fine.