A&P Traveling to Greece

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by GregFarz78, Jan 28, 2008.

1. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

I found out greece is 220v...the back of my charger (canon xt) says 110v/220v does this mean I can use it on either voltage w/o using a step down voltage converter? Just want to be safe and not blow up my battery that would suck :hs:

2. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

Yeah, you can get them at radioshack for like 20 bucks. But I will warn you, the one I got for Belgium said "For Belgium, Germany etc etc" but did not work with their weird recessed plugs. I would just look for one there, which is what I had to do. If you're staying at a higher end hotel they will probably have an extra 110v plug in the bathroom to cater to Americans, you can call ahead and ask.

3. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

i've been to greece many times, hit me up if you have any other questions specific to some locations, i may have been there.

the charger works on european current. you'll just need an adapter, not a transformer. these can be had cheap at any electronics store (look for a chain place called 'germanos') once you're there if you don't feel like paying a retarded $20 for one here in the states. germanos also sells cheap phones (if your states cell isn't 3g and tri-band) and prepaid sim cards that you can recharge. comes in handy for making cheap calls back stateside.

4. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Thanks man :bowdown: So its easier to buy the adapter and shit over there? I found a website that sold them but theres about 2897349857 different kinds I dont want to buy the wrong one. If I have anything 110v I'll need a transformer right? We're staying within walking distance of the Acropolis :)

5. ace3

ace3 mouthify my wang.

buy the adapter here, not there. you can get them cheap here - over there, you don't want struggle to find one.

You need some of these. they're a whopping $3.
    http://thomasdistributing.com/shop/...html?SP_id=&osCsid=g496fmt6e9sn6qet80qnrtlnk7

any electric thing that says 110/220v on the back can be plugged right into this adapter (laptop power supplies usually do too).

You only need a transformer if the device you're using won't work on 220v. The only thing you DON'T want to bring is a blow dryer or curling iron (for the women). Every time we've been overseas, someone in our group has brought one of these, and nearly set their room on fire. So, we bought a curling iron & blowdryer that are made for european current.

we have a transformer, but i can't remember if we've ever had to use it. Everythign i have (it seems) will work on 110/220. laptop charger, battery charger, phone charger, etc.

6. ace3

ace3 mouthify my wang.

7. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

8. ace3

ace3 mouthify my wang.

if all of those will use 200v (look on the power supplies), then you'd just need 3 of the .89 adapters. you wouldn't have to step-down anything

9. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

The DS is 110 only :hs:

Besides that has anyone else been to Greece or recommend places to see? We'll be staying right in Athens

10. ace3

ace3 mouthify my wang.

i charge my DS Lite with a USB cable. :dunno:

11. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

You could always get the step down converter my mom used one in italy.

12. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Not bringing my laptop too much of a hassle

13. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

not really easier but they're everywhere if you need one.

110 needs a transformer unless where you're staying has a universal "shaving" outlet in the bathroom, those are usually 110.

walking distance of the acropolis. lots of things to do if you're staying near or in syntagma. tomb of the unknown soldier is right there, lots of shopping, embassies nearby for architecture, mount lykavvytos and the metro station'll take you pretty much anywhere.

14. e.pie

e.pie Active Member

yes but you will need an adapter, you can get them at places like brookstone or on the internet