SRS Traveling SO

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by hbrown023, Jan 17, 2008.

1. hbrown023

hbrown023 New Member

So every guy I know, hear about, see on sitcoms cheats on their SO whenever they travel. Is this the case with all men/women or at least in most cases? We haven't ever had a problem and I think we're doing great (been together nearly 4 years) but he is starting to travel a lot more lately and like most business ventures, the night ends with a company paid nice ass dinner where the booze is flowing. I'm paranoid..help.

2. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

No, only people who lack souls and are likely going to hell. :o

Has he ever given you a reason to not trust him? Where did this concern come from after 4 years?

3. hbrown023

hbrown023 New Member

I really don't know to be honest. I've been burned one to many times and I shouldn't let it get to me but, like I said, everyone I know (relatives, ex's, friends) that is the time that they cheat..when on the other side of the country and there's no way for anyone to find out. I should probably relax..I'm just paranoid. Damnit.

4. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

It's certain worth asking the question then. Think about it.

Don't you know him though? I mean you two have a really strong relationship, right?

Where do you think it's coming from? It's only recently I take it?

5. hbrown023

hbrown023 New Member

Yeah..I mean he went to a big party school when we first got together and we made it through that just fine..there were a couple of break downs but who doesn't. There was one girl when we first got together and I still don't know the whole story behind it and don't really want to honestly. It must be a lot of insecurity that I've gained over that past year or so.

ps..thanks for kinda walking me through this

6. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

What type of break downs are we talking about?

What happened in the last year?

No problem. Maybe you have a good reason to be concerned, and maybe not -- but whenever insecurity comes up there is most certainly a reason.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

If you don't trust him consider your relationship goodbye. Don't base your thoughts off what other people have done. Either you know him and trust him or you don't.

8. k1ko

k1ko OT Supporter

i dont think you should really worry too much. I travel a lot. I am from dallas but am on a project where I have to travel to denver every mon-thurs for the next few months. After that, it will be a different city or maybe country, i don't know. Also I'm 24.. so I guess you could say I'm even still in the "party" stage and like to go out to have fun.

But yah i have a girlfriend and the worst part of traveling is I would say the time apart. I think its healthy for the relationship because it makes us miss each other more... but I don't ever have an urge to cheat. In fact, traveling is usually a very lonely existence... living out of a hotel. I will go down to the hotel bar every now and then to have a drink. Sometimes I will talk to someone there (guy or girl) sometimes not. But again, theres nothing there to make me want to cheat. This is the case with most people that I know that have to travel alot. In addition, if hes going out with co-workers.. im sure hes aware it looks very bad on him to "hook" up with someone else. It is very un-professional.

9. hbrown023

hbrown023 New Member

This helped a lot. Thank you so much.

10. hbrown023

hbrown023 New Member

Thanks for all of the advise. I'm breathing easier..just needed a little encouragement I guess. All of you are great!

11. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

You know, if you have a healthy relationship there is no reason you can't just simply tell him how you are feeling.

That is the definition of a healthy relationship. If you are being paranoid and he isn't doing anything and you approach this by telling him how you are feeling and not accusing him of anything then it should be no big deal.

12. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Agreed. I'm glad the OP is feeling better. I hope she'll still talk about this with her significant other.