A&P Traveling from LA for Pittsburgh, 1st time traveling with the gear..

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Harry Caray, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Harry Caray

Harry Caray Fine purveyor of x.264, h.264 & TS HD-Video !!! HD

Grandfather is not doing well, so I'm flying out to Pittsburgh first thing tomorrow. I want to take my gear, and I have pretty much everything in that new CaseLogic gear/backpack. The only thing extra is the T60 (laptop) but everything else is a 5d and 3-L lenses. Canon HV20 HD camera, and anything else that I can cram into it.

Never really flew with my new gear, any issues with the airlines and foto gear? :noes:

If its a hassle, then I'm just going to pick up a Canon p&s @ Target tonight and just take my regular laptop bag. Why carry $10k+ worth in gear all around PA?

Thnxs

2. MastaCow

MastaCow I love cup.

I just flew out to Korea a few weeks ago with my 300D and HV20. No problems whatsoever. I didn't try packing any extra batteries though. Not sure what the current policy is towards spare Li-ions/NiMh batteries on flights is.

3. Harry Caray

Harry Caray Fine purveyor of x.264, h.264 & TS HD-Video !!! HD

I have a few spares from my XTi since they both fit the HV20 as well. Maybe I just won't take them.

You had the gear in a backpack or something?

4. MastaCow

MastaCow I love cup.

All of it was in a Crumpler 7Million that I carried on and had at my feet for the roundtrip flights.

No issues at security check either, just a simple walkthrough-grab off conveyor.

I didn't bother taking spares for my D300 because I could always just use any cheap AA's in the grip in a pinch, and I hadn't planned on using the HV20 much at all.

5. MastaCow

MastaCow I love cup.

ugh. I keep getting D300 and 300D confused.

6. David

David New Member

Its all good if you bring it onto the plane with you. I took all my photo gear to Wyoming just last month w/ no hassle either way of the flights. NEVER check your gear though. NEVER!