TAT Traveling for larger pieces

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by eelliiss, Feb 4, 2008.

1. eelliiss

eelliiss Active Member

I was wondering if anyone ever just gave up on traveling for body mods because of the overall cost incurred with doing so. There are definitely artists that I'd love to get work from but the inconveniences as well as the costs involved with larger pieces are starting to be to daunting and almost insurmountable for me at this stage in my life. I've done it before and the work still isn't done and it's been almost four years for one piece and nine years for another. I can't afford to fly every couple of weeks or months for the matter to get a larger piece done. I'm starting to look at more local artists simply for the convenience.

Any comments from anyone? Questions? Similar experiences? Aaarrrrggggghhhh....

2. itski

itski Yargg

Im in the Navy so I travel a lot. I have gotten work done in many many foreign ports. Nothing real big though. Longest one took two trips. Not so much cause it was big, just time was an issue. I think it only took about an hour and a half total. but yea schedules were not matching up. The biggest one i got was maybe only three hours or so. But yea, the one that took two trips had to wait 4 months till we pulled back into that port. It was annoying having something half finished. I always thought Austin had some good places though. I got some done at Southside that turned out really well.

3. sponger235

sponger235 New Member

i would travel to texas to get did up by nate beavers... i probably will too
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    collab with dj minor

[​IMG]

love that last peice

4. eelliiss

eelliiss Active Member

Thanks for the replies. Definitely, Austin has some great places...but there are just so many people that I want work from. A young child and the lack of funds to travel extensively limit my options at this time.

I think what it comes down to is the fact that I know that all the people that I'd want work from, I'd let them do whatever I wanted because I've been following their work enough to know that I like everything about their style. Whereas on the other hand, if I went to someone local that I didn't necessarily know alot about, I'd have to go through extensive consultations for a final product that I may not even want etched on me. In the end, I don't want to waste anyone's time.

5. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

I could write a list a mile long of that artists that I would travel and let have their way with my skin.

6. nedwinkler

nedwinkler Everybody wang chung tonight!!!

I have been doing some research in the Pittsburgh, PA area looking for someone to do a bio-mechanical sleeve. I really like Guy Aitchison’s type of work, but I am having a hard time finding someone in my area. I want an artist who knows what they are doing in the bio-mechanical aspect but I would like to be able to go to the shop without driving hours on end to get there. If anyone knows of anyone in the Pittsburgh area I would be much appreciative. Thanks!!!