Travel Insecurity

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by 1979TA, Jun 14, 2009.

1. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

So I have noticed that ever since I was a teen, everytime I have a gf go on a trip, I get extremely insecure about our relationship. I overanalyze everything.

A current example would be my gf is visiting some family in another state. Last night I was out with some friends and texted her "hey they are playing your song" she responded "lol I am off to bed" I sent something back like "Bed already? blah blah blah goodnight cutie" and she responded back "I am tired thats why im goin to bed have a goodnight". For some reason, that last comment really bothered me.

I know this insecurity is ridiculous, and I even feel ridiculous posting this, but I need to figure out what to do before I go nuts. You would think by this post that I am 15 or something, but that is definitely not the case.

help

2. the_mavsman

the_mavsman New Member

Its natural bro. Just gotta deal with it and not think too much of it. If she does anything stupid its obvious she doesn't care how you feel so why would you care about her so much?

3. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

It's funny, I never have insecurities about them cheating, I have insecurities that since they are on vacation or away working or whatever, they don't like me as much. It's funny, up until today, we have talked about as much as we normally do, but for some reason I feel like she is ignoring me.

4. deleterious

deleterious OT Supporter

if you're out on a vacation having fun you would prob talk to ur gf less too :dunno:

5. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

Yeah I know... and the worst thing is, of course she is on vacation having fun. But for me it's the same ole stuff back here, minus 1 important person. I think that is what makes it so hard on me.. of course, but I think what worries me is the strain of us being at different ends of the spectrum in the "missing" department.

6. korverftw

korverftw New Member

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I have to try my best just to put it in the back of my mind and not think about it at all.

7. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I know the feeling. My gf takes trips practically once a month if not more. Half the time she's going somewhere exciting and fun. She has benefits that allow her to travel for crazy cheap pretty much whenever and whereever she wants. So believe me, I know how it can feel to have a gf who is off at some resort in Mexico for a week having fun while I am dragging my ass to work every day and I know the resentments that can build from that kind of imbalance. Ultimately you just need to learn to enjoy your life more so that it doesn't feel like such a loss when she's gone. Now when my gf goes off somewhere, I look at it as a vacation for me right here at home. :rofl:

8. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Learn to have a life outside of your girlfriend.

I had these issues with my first GF and quickly realizes/recitified the situation. I found it happens that when she leaves and you're CONSTANTLY bored and thinking of her. Why? Cause you have nothing else to do.

Now, I would take advantage of such situations and be out w/ the boys having good food and drinks or something. Forgetting about the troubles/worries of my g/f. Fact of the matter is, unless she gives you a, or has given you a reason in the past to not trust her, why second guess things now?

9. Sh4dow5

Sh4dow5 New Member

Don't worry about her so much well shes gone....and don't call all the time ( I know how it is when your the one on vacation getting annoyed) and plus if she cheats on you just fuck her best friend and dump her after.

10. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

she's fucking another dude.

11. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

Yes, on vacation with her parents(who she hasnt seen for 5 months, not to mention her dad almost died in a motorcyle accident at the beginning of the month), staying in the same hotel room.

Look, I said it's not cheating that I get insecure about, it's about her losing interest.

I don't know if any of you believe in the "love languages" but my #1 is quality time. When I don't get a lot of quality time with the girl I am with, it can lead to ridiculous insecurities.

I have been going out with my friends, I have been doing a lot of chores around the house and doing the things that I enjoy.

12. Sh4dow5

Sh4dow5 New Member

Everything will most likley be fine...don't listen to this guy. Enjoy your summer without her. Hows that saying go...."lifes a bitch, then you marry one." You'll have your quality time if this girl is someone your ment to stay together with in the future.

13. whamola

whamola Tonight....you.

You're worthless...

14. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

A man needs hobbies.

Whenever a man or woman becomes so involved in a relationship, that they have nothing outside of it, the relationship is doomed... unless they are both so needy/mutually dependent they get married and never ever live normal lives, lol. I only know one crazy mutually dependent couple that's gone that far though, dating since 10th grade, went to the same college, and are getting married at 26 after they both have had their careers take off.

15. arsbu

arsbu New Member

I'm going through the same thing.

My girl just came back from a trip with her mom and sister last week. She didn't talk to me while she was there even though she checked her email a couple of times. Since she came back we've only seen each other twice and she seems more distant and just tonight I realized she doesn't say "I love you" after our phone calls. That same trigger was what made me come take a look at vag actually...

16. PcH

PcH Guest

I completely agree, I experienced this issue with my ex.