COMIC Transformers Movie Prequel

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Kazmont, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Kazmont

Kazmont Active Member

Has anyone read these yet?
    Issues 1-3 (of 4) are out there. They are also on WarSkrull. Gives a lot of insight to the whole story line and whats happening in the movie. I really dont like the name "Allspark" but I can deal with it due to the rest of the story being pretty good so far. It shows why in that preview it has some transformers on Mars. I think its pretty interesting so far. Makes me want to see the movie even more. :bigthumb:

2. Corz

Corz ha ha! snikt

who put it out?

besides kurt wagner :mamoru:

3. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

4. Hiero

Hiero New Member

What's good about putting backstory in the preview if some of the audience will never read it or know to look for it?

5. Corz

Corz ha ha! snikt

that was pretty good

6. Kazmont

Kazmont Active Member

yeah, i thought it was...
    I think its a great way to keep things up to speed.
    Granted, it wont be read by everyone but enough will get the gist... and besides, the comics keep the budget down for the movie... less scenes to shoot.

7. Hiero

Hiero New Member

But what about those who will watch the movie before the comics? Do you think that they might get lost or not get some plot points in the movie?

8. Kazmont

Kazmont Active Member

word will get around. im sure of it... and besides, all groups of friends have that one nerd friend who knows all about and it will explain it before the other guys/gals watch the movie. sure, there will be some that dont get it but who cares... it wont lessen my experience. :big grin:

9. Kazmont

Kazmont Active Member

edit! they are taking a page out of the Hereos strategy guide and tapping into other mediums for marketing purposes (other than you can legitimitly read the hereos "novels" online for free).

I say kudos!

10. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

i hate to nitpick on details but :wtf: why does Megatron transform into a space jet? altho i have to admit it's cooler than turning into a gun...

i never understood that. why does he turn into a gun? he transforms into a gun, and great now he needs someone to pull the trigger. if theres no one he's a sitting duck. or can he pull the trigger himself? that just doesnt make any sense.

11. Kazmont

Kazmont Active Member

Bay said it before that this movie is namesake. The movie doesnt take place in any particular TF universe.
    Certain liberties are being taken to make sure that it is of the best possible entertainment value. Not exactly your childhood Transformers but so what. He is keeping a lot the same. And Im really glad its based from Cybertron and not Mars.

12. Ando

Ando CDN Member

i jsut assumed the book was based on the original cartoon movie. they're no way the new movie will be as good as the cartoon movie.

13. Corz

Corz ha ha! snikt

i dunno man.. read the comic prequel.. so far it changed my mind

14. Kazmont

Kazmont Active Member

yeah, i mean i thought it was going to kick ass to begin with, now i just feel that its going to be that much better knowing this back story.

15. siniquezu

siniquezu New Member

I couldn't even get past the cover. The Dcons are all same colored. I can't even tell them apart. (That sounds kind of racist. :hsugh:) At least the autobots have different color schemes. And all the robots have a zillion lines on them. It looks like Rob Liefeld drew them. :ugh:

16. droopz

droopz New Member

Any ETA on book 4?

I am relly liking how they are setting this up. No assumptons, no mass transfers, no massive story holes... my OCD is finally at peace with a TF universe.

I would like to know what Bumble Bee's form looked like before I mimiced the 2nd gen camaro. And I also kind of liked the bit of history between Prime and Megatron.

I just love this pic of PRime being as bad-ass as ever

[​IMG]