Transformer teh live action movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by boostedscooby, Jul 29, 2004.

1. boostedscooby

boostedscooby no blue icon no care

Gets the go to be released by 2006 .

The Transformers Come Home!
    Studio confirmed and more!

22, 2004 - IGN FilmForce has learned that the live-action feature film version of The Transformers will indeed be a DreamWorks project, which confirms rumors that appeared online earlier this week. DreamWorks Pictures has inked a deal with toy king Hasbro to make The Transformers; Paramount Pictures will handle the foreign rights. Also confirming earlier Web buzz, DreamWorks honcho Steven Spielberg did indeed use his personal relationship with Hasbro founder Alan Hassenfeld to bring The Transformers over to DreamWorks.

Even better, Hasbro and DreamWorks have agreed to get Transformers going very quickly, with a 2006 release date already set!

Furthermore, G.I. Joe producer Lorenzo DiBonaventura may become involved with the project in some capacity on behalf of Paramount. Don Murphy and Tom DeSanto are already onboard to produce Transformers. Expect the trades to confirm this report sometime very soon.

IGN FilmForce has been able to sneak a peek at a press release which includes quotes from producers DeSanto and Murphy. "Like X-Men, Transformers offers an amazing mythology with all the elements to create a successful ongoing franchise, iconic characters, global themes, and a world that has never been seen before on screen," said DeSanto. "We hope that this will be the first in a franchise that is embraced by fans and newcomers alike."

"If you go to places which are the pop culture zeitgeist center, places like this week's San Diego Comic-Con, you won't find many that engender as much enthusiasm as Transformers," said Murphy. "I have a message board on my site where most of my projects have several hundred postings from fans – when Transformers recently hit 8000 postings I knew we had something really incredible."

Needless to say, The Transformers are based on the hugely popular Japanese toy line from the 1980s, which spawned a few comic book series and a hit TV show. Cartoon Network is readying another animated Transformers series. -- Stax

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/532/532705p1.html

2. Loranth

Loranth New Member

This should be interesting...

3. smellyshelly

smellyshelly Guest

Haha "Transformers! Robots in disguise!" I wanna see :p I'm a little frightned, but I'll waste $6.50 on that.

4. oakcliffgirl

oakcliffgirl Guest

you just said you would WASTE money on a BAD movie.... :wiggle: i am gonna copy this and keep it. :p

5. smellyshelly

smellyshelly Guest

Lol! Awww! I hate you :p
    It seems so bad it'll be amusing though.

6. rehab

rehab New Member

Yeah, i love the transformers but i see bad idea written all across this one.

7. Lowneon

Lowneon Author of Illegal street racing for dummies.

I just hope they do the transformers justice. I'd hate to see them ruin this franchise as well.

8. HuntingFork

HuntingFork Eating Five Batteries

9. boostedscooby

boostedscooby no blue icon no care

Just add will smith in the lead roll and release it in summer = guaranteed blockbuster.

10. Jastard

Jastard New Member

Yeah, give him a 'zany' sidekick and and a soundtrack deal.

Will Smith rapping the theme of the movie? I wouldn't put it past him.

11. Icedog

Icedog New Member

:rofl: :ugh: :rofl:
    I could so see that

12. mrpo

mrpo New Member

13. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

This is going to be a no brainer blockbuster. Spielberg wont let garbage be made and i'm sure there is a whole list of top notch directors just drooling to get the chance to do this project. Its going to be amazing.

14. gthesob

gthesob the fun machine took a shit and died OT Supporter

The special effects will probably be amazing, the rest of the movie will most likely suck.

15. cowsun

cowsun New Member

Uhhh. Live action? Is this going to be something like those machines from Power Rangers? :squint:

16. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

with all the mythology surrounding the transformer world, it would be very hard to put together a crappy storyline