MIL Transfering to another unit. Halp me.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Kroze, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Kroze

Kroze Active Member

I'm looking to move down to south florida and currently in the USMC-ARRR :hsugh: .

The closest unit to where i'm going to move to is West Palm Beach, Florida. ANGLICO :eek3: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANGLICO).

My current MOS is 1391 bulk fuel. I don't know how this is going to work considering that they're hardcore recon shit. But, they probably are not going to accept me in the unit considering that i have no training in the MOS:

ANGLICO Schools

Required
    • Basic Airborne
    • Artillery Spotters Course
    • Field Radio Operators Course
    • Tactical Air Control Party Course
    • Naval Gunfire Liaison Officers Course
    • Naval Gunfire Spotters Course
    • Marine Corps Martial Arts Tan Belt Course
    Advanced
    • Special Operations Spotters Course
    • Marine Air Ground Task Force Course
    • Static Line Jumpmaster
    • Pathfinder
    • Winter/Summer Mountain Leader Course
    • HRST Master School
    • SERE School
    • Advanced Evasion
    • Ranger School
    • Marine Corps Martial Arts Instructors Course

Two, they can't deny my transfer because i'm moving down there. So...does anyone know anything about this situation? I can't fit in and they can't deny my transfer.

What am i going to do there? I only have about a year left of service so it's pointless for them to train me in the MOS.

2. Kroze

Kroze Active Member

Training

To maintain this capability, ANGLICO units stay proficient in a number of tactical insertion methods. Static-line parachuting is the primary method; however, rappelling, fast roping, combat rubber-raiding-craft operations and special patrol insertion-extraction (SPIE) are all possibilities. (The SPIE rigging entails extracting or inserting personnel attached in a series to a rope slung beneath a helicopter. It's used when terrain or vegetation prevents the helicopter from landing.) In addition, First and Second ANGLICOs are currently developing military free-fall parachuting capability to support certain special operation missions. These insertion techniques, combined with extensive patrolling, load-bearing marches, land navigation and training in climates ranging from the arctic to the tropics, give the ANGLICO the ability to enter and move with any supported force.

3. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

theres a tow unit in Hialeah. They have vehicles, im sure they need people to fuel them

4. Kroze

Kroze Active Member

do you any chance have their contact #?

5. Kroze

Kroze Active Member

Even if I i can transfer to ANGLICO, do they have any other MOS there for me such as HQ platoon?

I'm not giong to be able to do half of the stuff they do & I will be a complete crap-bag to them compare to their standards.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  6. OkiDiver

OkiDiver New Member

Eh..we had two comm operators come from an angelico unit to our company, had to switch MOS because of security clearance stuff. Anyways yeah they've got a sweet high speed side to them but really the majority of them from what I gathered are just comm guys who sit around and practice calls for fire all day. They were in decent shape by Marine Corps standards but nothing special. In Okinawa at least its just a normal battalion with its admin section and all. Even force guys have to have someone to do the paperwork. I wouldn't sweat it till you see how things run.