Transfering I Tunes

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mista Rude, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Mista Rude

Mista Rude OT Supporter

Just curious if I could transfer my i-tunes library from my pc laptop to my new MBP?
    TIA

Alot of great advice none the less on this forum though

*also with adium,.. where can I go to change my display pic?

:x:

2. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

for adium: click adium on the menu bar, then preferences, then go to the accounts tab, then click the account u want to change it for, and hit edit (bottom right hand corner of window), then go to the "personal" tab.

3. Inferno

Inferno New Member

Uhh... find your music directory and copy it all over to your new comp via a network, cds, etc. or now you can even use your ipod to do it with itunes as long as you have a verified itunes account

4. Deepsix

Deepsix OT Supporter

more info :eek5:
    i wanna get a new hdd for my macbook and I don't want to have to lose all my star ratings and play counts

5. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

Just so you know, it's a real pain in the ass if want to keep playcounts and everything.

I can't remember what I did going from PC to mac last year, but if took way too long, was way too complicated, but was worth it.

6. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

if you're just going from laptop to external drive its pretty easy.
    just do the consolidate files, then make a new itunes folder on the external drive, make that the prmary folder, then consolidate again.

and trust me, it's easier doing that than copying it all and trying to simply point to the new folder.

7. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

on topic: i have all my songs loaded into itunes on osx but when i switch to windows, no surprise they aren't there. i just keep my ipod connected and play off of that. is there a way to somehow load the songs from the other partition(?) and share them between the 2?

i made the windows partition like 25 or 30 gigs and don't have 15 gigs free for the songs/tv shows.