TAT Transfer methods?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by dumb_end_user, Sep 21, 2004.

1. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

I have a design that I drew up (actually painted) quite some time ago and now it's time to get it inked.

What is the best method to get it on skin. I don't want to redraw it, and I don't want someone else to draw their interpretation of it. The piece is too large right now to take in (and then they'd be freehanding it anyway). I want to retain the originality of the piece including shading and imperfections.

I'm thinking of taking a digital pic of the piece and then printing it on a high quality printer to be photocopied and then transferred to my skin. Sound about right?

2. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

I hate to say it but I think redrawing it is the only way your going to get this done. If its as large as you say it is its going to lose all the detail when shrunk unless redrawn

3. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

is it small enought to fit on a scanner bed? you could scan it, shrink it down to the size you want and take a printout into the artist.... that's what I did with my leg piece

4. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

It's actually painted on a piece of furniture (sort of). It measures about 18x12. I don't want it nearly that large so I tried the digital photo approach and it did lose a lot of its detail. I guess I'll have to scale it down and redraw it. :hs:

5. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

yea ya gotta redraw it.. ive only seen monotoned transfers too so a lot of stuff would get lost in that ..
    best bet would be to redraw it :hs:

6. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

Fuck. I was waiting for you and a few others to chime in on this. I figured that'd be the way to go.

You are all going to be so unimpressed when you see what I'm trying to duplicate. :sad2: