trans problem but what?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by tigerafro, Aug 5, 2006.

1. tigerafro

tigerafro New Member

well recently my 95 civic has been having trans problem. when i take corners, go up hills or get on the highway and need to floor it, it stays in first and gets up to 5-6000 rpms. and now i need to know what is causing the problem and how much will it cost.

2. tofuthecourageous

tofuthecourageous OT Supporter

while ago my brothers 93 volvo did the same. if it doesnt already, pretty soon it will shift up twice in a row then downshift back to where its supposed to be. just some dumbass automatic trans problem. dont really know what it is.

my brother went to the volvo place around here and they said they needed to replace it altogether. costed 1300. you could just go get a replacement trans for like 150-200 and do it yourself if you are able.

..or see if anyone else here knows exactly what the problem is.

3. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

my moms lincoln continental would slip like crazy during any turn. turns out there was a hole in the trans line the went from the tranny to the cooler. no trans fluid= tranny acting up

4. c0ldf1ame

c0ldf1ame New Member

theres no point in trying to fix an auto tranny, just get a less beat up one from a junk yard n swap it out