SRS Trainwreck of a meeting

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by nukegoat, Apr 16, 2004.

1. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

So i secretary this thursday night meeting in my hometown. I asked some guy to come down and chair the meeting (its a speaker discussion). I'm waiting in the room at about 7:55 and the first person shows up. By 8:00 it is me and one other guy in the meeting... still no sign of my chairperson.

Then so we do all the readings, all the jibba jabba, by this time about 12 people showed up. It was time to have my speaker speak, but he still wasnt' there, so i asked someone to be my backup chairperson. This individual declines, but my sponsor gets up to fill in. The GSR gets really irritated, but im like whatever, what are you gonna do?

Anyways so he shares, and then he makes it a tag meeting and calls on the GSR who spouts off a bunch of retarded useless crap for about 15 minutes (we don't set max sharing guidelines in the format... :ugh: ) and he talks about how he was secretary for a year and blah blah (secretary positions in the greater san jose area are 6 months. no more, no less).

He tags someone, who tags someone, and eventually it ends up on this kid who gets up all sheepishly to share, and talks about how he's been clean from crystal meth and alcohol, but can't seem to stop smoking weed and feels like an idiot, etc. So the GSR pleasantly tells him to sit the fuck down because he has less than 24 hours clean... well
    1) its only an advisory to those with less than 24 hours clean
    2) he didn't explicitly say he has less than 24 hours clean
    3) its the secretarys job to maintain order...

So then the meeting disintegrates quickly as this guy sits down all sheepishly, it turns into a huge argument. People are like 'i don't care if he has less than 24 hours, this may keep him clean, he's being honest, blah blah'
    then other people argue the opposite case, and etc etc... it goes to shit really quickly.

Mind you - my day is going pretty mediocre anyways, I got sunburned while trying to mow, my shirt looked like crap, it was all wrinkled and had a pink fruit punch stain on it, i had been up since 5:30 am, etc etc.

then AFTER the meeting i get yelled at from opposing sides, so i had to make my statement that it was my discretion and he didn't specifically say he had less than 24 hours; it was implied after he sat down, but thats like ex post facto or something, anyways.

Then i had to dump the coffee perc by myself after someone had emptied the trash so im wobbling around with a pot of hot coffee all the way to the fucking dumpster.

OH... and when it was dead silent before all the shit went down, i looked at my sponsor and i was like 'hey did you pick a topic' and he was like 'you're gay.' im not gay, but wtf am i supposed to say? everyone was like just looking at me as i was like 'uhhhh'. He was just trying to fuck with me i guess. I dunno. Weird.

Let's see... what else. Well I guess thats pretty much it.

2. Buckaroo Banzai2

Buckaroo Banzai2 leave a message at the beep

Sounds like a pretty crappy day

Not a very fun situation to be in.

3. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

You know, that's the kind of day my dad would answer like this.

"Looks like your Higher Power gave you lots of opportunity to practice your program today."

He was probably right, but it didn't mean that I didn't want to smack him up side de head any less.

4. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Yea... it was alright though. I guess you take whatever was good from a meeting and leave what sucks

5. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

"Take what you like and leave the rest...