MMA Training with Bustamante

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Optamix, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Optamix

Optamix New Member

I just got done with a 3 hour seminar with him.

He is amazing. Super nice and personable. After just speaking with him for a few minutes you really feel like you know him. His english is a lot better than I thought it would be also.

One thing that really struck me about him was his size. He isn't that much bigger than me. For some reason I thought that he would seem so much larger than he really is. That really caught me off guard.

He spent and hour and a half on just holding mount. Then we covered mount escapes and spent the rest of the time doinig half guard work(both from top and bottom).

I learned more about the mount than I knew could be taught about it.

We only learned 2 submisions. One kimura set up from half guard(on top) that was really interesting, and a way to set up the anaconda choke from a guard pass(this one I'm going to need to drill a lot more, but I really like it).

I asked him if he was still fighting and he said that he has 1 fight left on his Pride contract. He said he will fight in April but he doens't know if it will be in the States or Japan. He said he would rather fight in the States because he has lots of fond memories from the UFC and Las Vegas.

I asked if he knew his opponent yet and he said no, that he won't know for awhile.

Someone else asked him who he wants to fight. He said he doesn't know and kinda looked sheepish then said(quietly) Dan Henderson and everyone started clapping and laughing.

I got a few pictures but my girlfriend hasn't uploaded them yet. Ill post them in the next hour or so.

It was GREAT.

:bowdown:

2. Optamix

Optamix New Member

[​IMG]

I'm on the right in the FFC hoodie and my training partner Blake(who is the president of our schools BJJ club).

Blake has a fight coming up on Feb 24th.

3. Searcher

Searcher New Member

Very cool......

4. Kuet

Kuet New Member

nice.... woulda loved that

5. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

he was pretty whatever when i met him (attitude wise) but im glad he was nice to you.

6. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Thats just because I'm prettier than you.:greddy:

7. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl: