MMA training vid from 12-14-05

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by brolli, Dec 16, 2005.

1. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

first off, my armbars/triangles instructional timed out last night on yousendit. I need to get a better host...

So I uploaded a smaller file this morning.

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=06YROWUZXT84J3RAD72N2FRVAP

question to the more experienced grapplers (chechen, vulgar, bit...)

in the beginning when he locks down my leg, the pain is excrutiating. This ONLY happens against him because of how much longer his legs are compared to mine. When anybody else that is my size does the lockdown, it doesn't hurt. This sort of annoys me, b/c this guy doesn't really need to set up any sweeps from half guard, all he needs to do is apply the lock down and squeeze really hard until I give him the sweep.

Towards the end, I felt like I passed his guard correctly. This is the first time I've ever been flipped over like that when using that pass.

What would you guys have done?

2. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

if hes on the bottom of half guard, and he has your leg in the lock down. Don't try to stretch your leg out, you won't get out that way. keep crawling your foot towards his butt until you can create a little slack in his legs, and then you can swing your foot out of the lockdown. I hope that made sense.

3. Placebo

Placebo New Member

You can do that or since he had your right trapped, you could post your left knee out to prevent a sweep on that side and use your left foot to clear his right one. This is if he already has the lockdown on you. It's obviously best to not let him extend your legs in the first place.

There's a purple belt I roll with pretty much every time I train that does the lockdown so well that he actually taps people pretty regularly with it. His body is just setup for it so after I tapped once to it I make sure I never let myself get into that situation.

4. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

like this

but if he has longer legs this will be harder to do. thats why i suggested that you should crawl your foot up a bit before you try to do that.

5. reddragonmd

reddragonmd Fudo Shin

link isnt loading for me. But what chechen said to pass half guard. Also, keep your weight on his chest as you walk your foot up towards his butt, and if you cant just pop it out, use your instep of your other foot to pry his thigh down, as you get your foot out.

*edit*

but becareful in someones half gaurd, dont let them get an under hook on you on the side they have trapped, they will be able to take your back :noes: